Housekeeping Envelopes

I have always left an envelope with a personal message for a somewhat thankless job of cleaning up after my tribe. I am a cartoonist and have always drawn personalized sketches on the envelopes/notes. I have done some pretty elaborate colored drawings of Cinderella sweeping for WDW. At USF I can easily sketch Bullwinkle or Popeye with speach bubbles thanking the maid. I usually do this in advance while planning/watching TV. I usually get a little special service on extended stays and smiles on one nighters.

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24
Guys,

Just to respect all nations, put it in english, spanish and haitian.

If you only put it in one language it can be seen as stereotypical and offensive.

Just thought I would add that. Not trying to down anyone or start anything.

You are so "ciout" SpideyHulk24 :p I thought it was nice of you to say this:) But FYI I don't think you can really translate "for the maid" in creole (haitian) simply because there's a lot of way to say it and chances are that the maid might get offended:confused: Just a couple of example for n-e-one who reads this:

"pou bonne-lan;" "pou restavec-lan;" "pou bonne chamb'lan"

So I suggest you leave it in either english or spanish. Maybe you could say it in French. At least it will sound better :teeth:

"Pour le service aux chambres"

I like the idea of the envelopes its nice and personal as for the language I don't think u should get hung up on it I mean there are a lot of languages the point is your are tipping for their service just remember there are plenty of people who don't tip so I don't think the maid will really bother about the language the maid who doesn't take the envelope might not be really do a proper clean up in the room and thats why they never took the envelope because they never saw it:jester:

lgaston-

Thanks!!! LOL.....

I liked your post too!!!!! I aim to please!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter