How are crowds/weather in October?

4boys4me

Earning My Ears
Booked at the Poly for 10/11-10/18. DH is less than thrilled, he envisions long long lines and cool weather. Can any of you vetrans let me know what October is like? What can we expect for wait time at the popular attactions? He love's to sit by the pool so I'm hoping weather will be ok for the pool & waterparks.
Kids will be 12, 10 & 6 at the time.

October is a great time to go. It is not crowded and the lines short. We went a few times when the kids were in elementary school and love it. Was our favorite time to go but now the older ones are in High school and we can not pull them out for a week. So we go in the summer and it is HOT but we manage. The weather is still warm enough to go swimming but not blistering hot. If it is Columbus day it will be crowded. Which is the 11th so be prepared for crowds that day.:sunny: :flower:

Is it more crowded only ON Columbus Day? Or for the entire weekend, or even week? Any suggestions as to what to do on Columbus Day to escape/minimize the impact of the crowds? Specific park(s) or other activities? Thanks!

We went in October many years ago at about the same time as you are planning, and the weather was iffy for swimming. One day really hot, the next in the 70's so not so great for swimming. As for crowds, there wasn't much (except for Jungle Cruise... go figure!) and we did the entire Fantasyland in an hour. Of course that was many years ago, and they've added Mickey's Philharmagic, which is a wonderful show. They've also added the Food and Wine Festival crowd and the Halloween party at MK. So, I think there are more crowds than when I went. However, we went last year during "Jersey Week" in November and it was hot enough to swim every day! And the crowds are heavier that week and it was still managable. With Fastpast in the picture, I think you should have little problem managing crowds at that time of year.

Enjoy!

October/November are GREAT months to go! Yes, the crowds are down but it usually plenty warm for swimming. Most of the pools are heated anyway. You also are beyond the season for the late afternoon Florida monsoons! A real plus! The only negative thing I can think of, is that the parks normally close earlier during the slower seasons (October). But at least that way you can get to bed earlier to be up and the crack of dawn and be among the first in the gates! Have fun! I personally LOVE late fall at WDW - my favorite time!

Halloween week is a family favorite - we'll be at SSR during this one. Weather has been great during the day and usually very pleasant in the evening on our previous stays and parks have been moderate or less.

We went for the first two weeks of October last year. It was great. Weather was not too hot and not too cold. We did the water parks several times and always ended our day with a swim in the hotel pool at around 22:00 in the night. If anything, the middle of the day could sometimes get too hot in the parks.

Crowds were not bad at all, we never stood in line for more than max. 20 min. That being said, we also used Fastpass where ever we could.

I would say go for it and have a blast :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Freyja

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter