How are discounts applied

pschro1

Mouseketeer
So what happens if a discount comes out after we have booked our vacation (say free dining for example)? If we are able to apply the discount and haven't paid in full, does our final balance just lower? What happens if we are paid in full?

Yes, if you can apply a discount and you are not paid in full your balance will lower. If you are paid in full I believe they credit whatever form of payment you used.

With Free Dining there has to be rooms available at the resort you want. If you have POFQ booked, for example, they may not have any rooms available for Free Dining. POFQ is often excluded. For a percent off discount there has to be rooms with that discount available, they don't discount every room only a certain number of rooms. For my trip in October when the percent off discount was first offered I couldn't book a garden view room at the Poly with that discount, but the same room was available for full price.

One other thing to consider: if you are trying to go from a room reservation to a package, they will have to cancel & rebook. Room reservations & packages are 2 separate booking systems. So your original deposit will be refunded & you will have to pay a new deposit when they change it. But if you go from a package to a package, they can just apply the discount & you keep the same reservation.

I always use the travel agent of these boards, DreamRes and they take care of all that. It is a free service and they follow all the discounts they can and apply when needed, they also can make your ADR if you want them to. I used them on my last trip of 2015 and I got a discount of $400 and they just notified me of it. It was great. I'm planning on using them again in 2019. :DGood luck.

I changed both of my split stay reservations multiple times over the past few months with no problems right online. I was even able to switch my regular Pop Century package to free dining online - these boards made me nervous I'd have to call and wait a very long time to do it! However, it was already a package reservation and not room only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter