How are families w/small kids scheduling their days w/shorter hrs and no EE?(long)

dutton

Mouseketeer
My Dh and I are taking our 4 kids--81/2,61/2,3 and 20 mos. Also, we are taking my 72 yr. old MIL, who is special ed. teacher, and in good health. We had originally intended on doing EE mornings until about noon(getting in a good 4 hrs), taking a rest break and then heading back to parks to catch afternoon parades and another park. We will be there from Dec. 9-Dec 14(staying at Marriott DD). We have MVMCP tickets for Dec. 11. We were going to spend 2 nights at Epcot and one at MGM to see Osborne lights and Fantasmic. Now I think that if we can't start until 9, my older kids will kill me if we leave at 12 to go to hotel, but if we stay longer, then we almost guarantee no parades b/c we couldn't get to park by 2 or 3. We could stay all day w/our 2 smaller children napping in stroller if needed.( We went for 1 day in March and stayed 9-7 and it worked out fine although we were all exhausted!!) However, even though my MIL is in good health I don't think she is in great shape to do that kind of commando style touring. The biggest factor in this is that FW at Epcot closes at 7!! We had planned to see the ToD at 4 and then do FW until 9 one night. I know I am rambling but I hope that you get the gist of my dilemma. I think it would be unwise to cut out midday breaks. We were going to take off Tues. morning to sort of go slow with MVMCP that night, but I think now we should use it to go to a park to take the rest of the trip slower. Please understand that we haven't been in 3 yrs. and may not go back for 2 more, and I know you CAN"T see everything, but we would like to see all 4 parks adequately. I really don't think that Disney took families with small children into account when they made their cuts. I realize they are a business and need to survive and we should be lucky they are able to stay open, but I am a litte disappointed in their seemingly lack of consideration for their customers needs. Well thank you for any advice b/c I always get great advice here!!

Maybe your MIL could go aside with your 2 younger children and rest awhile. Maybe go to the fountains, or just a grassy area. That way the younger kids can nap in the strollers, or just take it easy with grandma, while you can take the older kids and run around.
Just an idea.

it's going to be MIL 56y.o., Dh , DD 6 y.o. and 2y.o. ds I'm going to play it by ear. Since there's no ee and an earlier closing I don't plan on taking that midday break. But if ds and MIL need it then I'll head back to the hotel w/them while hubby and dd stay at the parks. My ds is absolutely no fun when he's tired. MIL is a tough 56 y.o nurse that's use to being on her feet for 12 hour shifts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter