How are POR busses before rope drop?

JJsmama

WDW addict
Hi,
I am considering changing from YC to a Mod bc of price and our schedule looks like we won't be at resort very much.
My main concern is getting to parks before RD. Most days I actually have PPO ADRs at MK or Ep. How are the POR busses for early morning? We stayed there years ago in July (this trip will be early June) and I remember the busses were terribly long waits and crowds. I do not think I had PPO adds on those days though. Does anyone have recent experience?

We just got back from a stay at POR Dec 22-27. Signs said the first bus leaves 45 minutes before park opening, so on Thurs 12/22 we arrived at the East Depot stop around 6:15am for the 7a park opening, and the MK bus arrived around 6:21 so I assume it started at the main south depot stop and made its way around to us. Fast forward to Mon 12/26, and as we approached the East Depot stop around 6:16am the MK bus was pulling away, and the next one was 20 minutes later. So that must have been the feature where they added more bus routes from POR during peak times.

So the point of my story is to assume you need to be at the bus stop before the 45 minute time if you want to be sure of catching the first MK bus. I can only speak about the MK bus since we drove everywhere else. On Thurs we arrived well before the opening show, and on Monday we arrived just as they shot off the fireworks and let people enter the train tunnel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter