How are the lines during Moonlight Magic?

SusieBea

DIS Veteran
I've never done any of these before but was able to get a reservation this morning for EPCOT on 5/13. How are the lines during these events? TIA.

Haven't done one at WDW yet (though we did get tix for the 5/13 at Epcot) but have done the one at DCA last year. Lines were long! The shortest wait was for ice cream bars. Now, mind you, I have heard the DCA event was poorly planned and executed (which I have to agree) since it was the first event of this type for DCA. I hope Epcot's is smoother, and I think it should be since Epcot has more to do and more space.

We've done 3 events at 3 different parks but haven't ridden a single ride at any event so couldn't tell you how those lines are. Lines for rare characters are very long.

Epcot is fairly larger than other parks, so I would assume that the increase in space/distance would spread people out more and reduce the lines. I would think that a PM Extra Magic Hours would be very comparable.

Anybody have estimate on the amount of tickets given out for Epcot MM

At HS, they opened up the preshow rooms for ToT and RnR, and the lines were lined up beyond that point for each. 5 to 10 minutes each time I rode each ride. Star Tours was walk right up, but you had to watch the safety video. Toy Story Mania and SDD were both around 30 minutes. Considering the smaller number of E-ticket rides at Epcot, I would expect lines around that length.

We did Epcot last summer. We waited forever to meet the Guardians of the Galaxy characters. The line for Elena of Avalor wasn't too bad. We were second in line for the Frozen characters. We thought it would be a photo with all 4 characters, but it turned out to be one photo with Anna and Kristoff, then a different photo with Elsa and Olaf.

After we finally got to the front of the line for the Guardians character, Gamora was a... bad word which starts with the letter B. It was not a good experience. Nothing like the persona of the character in the movies, so I wasn't expecting her to speak to me that way.

The fireworks were great. Unlike anything we had seen before.

We did HS moonlight magic last September. Everything was basically walk on with the exception of Toy Story Land. SSD had a 30-35 minute wait for most of the night. With Epcot having a similar amount of rides, you can expect the big ones to have similar wait times. Like others have said, the rare character lines are long.

Just curious... I know they give a food voucher for a QS meal, but are there snacks, drinks, etc as well throughout the evening?

Just curious... I know they give a food voucher for a QS meal, but are there snacks, drinks, etc as well throughout the evening?

Ice cream - Mickey bars and fruit bars. It was my first time having a Mickey bar, and I can see what all the hype is about.
There were also some coolers with water, at least at HS last week.

We have been to the Epcot MM before and we made the mistake of trying to purchase merchandise at the beginning of the event. Won't do that again. By the time we were finished all of the character lines were extremely long. Rides were okay but were definitely not a walk on. When we were done for the evening, the merchandise booth was virtually empty.

Haven't done one at WDW yet (though we did get tix for the 5/13 at Epcot) but have done the one at DCA last year. Lines were long! The shortest wait was for ice cream bars. Now, mind you, I have heard the DCA event was poorly planned and executed (which I have to agree) since it was the first event of this type for DCA. I hope Epcot's is smoother, and I think it should be since Epcot has more to do and more space.
The Nov 2018 MM at DCA was a "one off failure." It was unique in its long lines ... lines ... lines ... and yet more lines.

I've been to a total of 5 MM events (2 DCA, 2 DL, 1 HS). Ride lines are generally short, 15-20m wait per attraction. I've been thrilled with each event except for DCA Nov 2018.

The Nov 2018 MM at DCA was a "one off failure." It was unique in its long lines ... lines ... lines ... and yet more lines.

I've been to a total of 5 MM events (2 DCA, 2 DL, 1 HS). Ride lines are generally short, 15-20m wait per attraction. I've been thrilled with each event except for DCA Nov 2018.
Really? Because my sister went two years ago, and I think it was just as bad. 30 minute line just to enter the park.

We did AK MM last year and the character lines were very long. FOP and NAvi river were also very long we didn’t wait for them. No lines for food or EP Everest. My daughter rode it over and over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter