How are the tour groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Any random knocking in the middle of the night I don’t care if they are taking over the food courts we can eat somewhere else staying at all star music a week from tomorrow

No way to know how many of the 15s will be at Music until you arrive.

You "may" get "lucky" and not have any(would not count on it).

Staying in a Preferred Room will greatly improve your chances of not having any 15s in your building.

At Music,they stay in Broadway the most.

Good luck!-it should be mostly Argentina 15s during your trip.:)

Theres really no possible way for anyone to know the answer to whether someone may knock on your door in the middle of the night.

It does happen but not frequently. Whether it will happen to you impossible to know.

Just home from the Pop...stayed all last week and I will never go to Disneyworld in January again. At least 8 out of 10 people at the resort AND in the Parks were from South America. I felt very uncomfortable as it was really like landing in the middle of Argentina or Brazil. I'm not talking about just the 15's. There were families, singles, and tour groups too. I heard mostly Spanish on the buses and in the parks and the numbers were unbelievable. I hardly went on any rides all week because I like my "personal space" and evidently no one from South America has ever heard of such a thing. Another common theme was screaming instead of speaking to their party members. That too gets old a few hours into the day. In short, it just was not fun. I think Disney has a responsibility to notify Guests that WDW has been taken over by South Americans in January rather than let people find out the hard way when they arrive. (After all they named Gay week in June "Gay Days" so why not January "South American Month")

Just home from the Pop...stayed all last week and I will never go to Disneyworld in January again. At least 8 out of 10 people at the resort AND in the Parks were from South America. I felt very uncomfortable as it was really like landing in the middle of Argentina or Brazil. I'm not talking about just the 15's. There were families, singles, and tour groups too. I heard mostly Spanish on the buses and in the parks and the numbers were unbelievable. I hardly went on any rides all week because I like my "personal space" and evidently no one from South America has ever heard of such a thing. Another common theme was screaming instead of speaking to their party members. That too gets old a few hours into the day. In short, it just was not fun. I think Disney has a responsibility to notify Guests that WDW has been taken over by South Americans in January rather than let people find out the hard way when they arrive. (After all they named Gay week in June "Gay Days" so why not January "South American Month")

In South America right now,to paraphrase the great Alice Cooper:

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR DISNEY!!!!LOL:)

I have to respectfully disagree with the sterotyping of an ENTIRE Continent.

We met many outstanding South Americans during our recent trip,especially the College Students from Brazil working at WDW on the ICP during Summer Break-they are AWESOME CMS!:)

@tinkerbellandeeyor I wouldn't worry about it. There are groups at WDW all months of the year. It's possible to hear noise, kids running down the hall, etc. anywhere at any time. Random knocks on the door aren't out of the realm of possibility, but overall it's very unlikely to happen to you. Just go and have a good time without worrying - the worrying will keep you up all night and then you'll be too tired to have fun in the parks.

Enjoy your vacation!

@tinkerbellandeeyor I wouldn't worry about it. There are groups at WDW all months of the year. It's possible to hear noise, kids running down the hall, etc. anywhere at any time. Random knocks on the door aren't out of the realm of possibility, but overall it's very unlikely to happen to you. Just go and have a good time without worrying - the worrying will keep you up all night and then you'll be too tired to have fun in the parks.

Enjoy your vacation!
This is my point... it was IMPOSSIBLE to enjoy the vacation under the circumstances. Unless you are going to Disneyworld specifically to be in the middle of HUGE numbers of South Americans, your vacation will definitely be impacted. It was not fun.

they are just excited teenagers being teenagers, away from home likely for the first time. just take it for what it is and try to remember when you were that young and excited.

Okay, that's a bit over the top. Large groups can be annoying but to characterize the "South Americans" the way you did is at best unkind. I have traveled many places around this world and honestly the worst have been from here - there is a reason many people around the world characterize us as "ugly Americans". If you like your "personal space" then going to Disney isn't for you. If you try to see the excitement of the adventure these teenagers are enjoying rather than be so stodgy and crotchety maybe you would be more understanding and accepting.

Okay, that's a bit over the top. Large groups can be annoying but to characterize the "South Americans" the way you did is at best unkind. I have traveled many places around this world and honestly the worst have been from here - there is a reason many people around the world characterize us as "ugly Americans". If you like your "personal space" then going to Disney isn't for you. If you try to see the excitement of the adventure these teenagers are enjoying rather than be so stodgy and crotchety maybe you would be more understanding and accepting.
We've had the same experience with the SA groups not respecting personal space in queue lines. My RBF is a universal language they picked up pretty quickly.

The OP has gotten her answer, and we really don't need a debate about nationalities. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter