How are turkey prices where you are?

Earlier in the month I paid $12.50 a pound for The Honey Baked Ham 3 lb roasted turkey breast. I will buy one more next week.

Both Kroger and Publix have turkey breasts for 49 cents/pound. There are plenty in the store. I've read on other forums I'm on that there was a turkey shortage but I'm not seeing it here.

IF YOU CAN FIND THEM-

none of the stores here have anything i consider sales. of the 4 main stores in our area-2 have spend $150 and get a no-name brand free, 1 has spend $150 and get a jenny o for 50 cents off the current price, another makes you spend $75 to get a no name for about 50 cents off per pound.

like i said-that's IF you can find a turkey. the local place i went to was not having a sale but had filled their meat area on tuesday night-$1.99 per pound for butterballs. i went ahead and got one, found out from the cashier that it was a good thing i'd gotten it b/c what was out was all there was-nothing in the back freezers/nothing to restock with. the shortages are so bad they had to cap the pre-made thanksgiving dinner pre-orders to less than half what they normally allow, eliminate any turkey based prepared meats to go, eliminate any turkey sandwiches and such at the deli.
I have heard there are concerns that avian flu may cause shortages. Just back from Walmart and our local store, no shortage here.

I have heard there are concerns that avian flu may cause shortages. Just back from Walmart and our local store, no shortage here.

non farm bred turkeys must be made of sturdier stock than their farm bred relatives b/c our wild turkey population is much larger this year than in years past. it's not unusual for me to head down the road and have to stop 2 or 3 times while a rafter of a dozen or more turkeys crosses.

non farm bred turkeys must be made of sturdier stock than their farm bred relatives b/c our wild turkey population is much larger this year than in years past. it's not unusual for me to head down the road and have to stop 2 or 3 times while a rafter of a dozen or more turkeys crosses.
Same here. Big controversy here right now is a wild Tom Turkey kept attacking the Mailman. Nobody else. Just the mailman. The so called experts wonder if there was some smell in the mail truck, or it made some vibration that irritated the Turkey. Mailman had to start carrying a stick. Swatted at the Tom when he was being attacked. killed the turkey. Some are outraged but he was a menace.

I paid $.97 per pound for a Butterball at Walmart this morning. They also had $.87 a pound for Jennie-O and some other fresh turkeys for $1.07 per pound.

So I’ve got my turkey all thawed out in the fridge. It seems kind of wet inside. I’m not sure how long it’s OK to keep it, or if I should just cook it. I don’t have a working oven, so I’m just going to hack it into parts.

We'll pay $35 to sponsor our turkey to continue living his best life on an animal sanctuary. :)

A commercial turkey? They live short lives. They’ve been bred to have light skin with no marks (with white feathers), large amounts of breast meat, and fast time to marketable size.

I got a butterball for $!.09 at Aldis that was pretty much the cheapest around here. One chain had buy a ham at $5.99 a pound get a turkey free.

Yes, came from a commercial farm, debeaked and with respiratory infection. Most of this breed are slaughtered at 5 months. Elsa is 8 years old.
https://www.farmsanctuary.org/adopt-a-turkey/

Of all the turkeys pardoned by the President, the longest lived was 6 years. Most die within a couple of years.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/the-real-story-behind-the-presidential-turkey-pardon

For five years they were sent to Disneyland.

https://www.ocregister.com/2010/11/19/disneyland-stops-hosting-pardoned-turkey/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter