• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are you going to use your VGF2 points?

Bjaiken77

DIS Veteran
Since March 3 is all about add-ons, I can safely assume that everyone buying already has points elsewhere. So how do you plan to use them, especially knowing VGF can be expensive on points? Split stays? Bank and borrow every couple years? Are you planning for a week trip? Weekend trip? First direct buy?

My goal is to get at least enough points for 3 nights a year so I can do a yearly split stay with RIV (I like split stays but prefer at least 3 days at any one resort).

I plan to use them for split stays every year for my winter trips as well as every other year in early December.

I’ll be booking the 1 bedrooms most of the time but those December trips will be the 2 bedrooms!

My first Use will be July to upgrade my first night to a 1 bedroom from a studio, assuming it’s still there when I get the points on Thursday.

5 nights in September and 3 during December in a gfv studio. I plan to use the points at gfv mostly, I am buying for the 11 Month booking window

I have never stayed at GFV, but just booked 3 nights there mid March. Depending on timing, I may do the stay and then sign the papers with my guide if all goes well. If not and I have to decide before the stay happens, then sign me up! (If I hate it there’s always the 10 day rescission period.)
These will be my sleep around points most years. I’ll try my luck at DLT and maybe Riviera if the family expresses an interest.
Will still make a booking for a studio at the 11 month mark and then try to switch elsewhere (maybe do a split stay) at the 7 month mark. I won’t be too upset if I can’t switch though and have to stay at GF!
For the years when we bring parents/in-laws, will likely bank & borrow to book a studio and a 1 bedroom and actually stay at GF.

I have never stayed at GFV, but just booked 3 nights there mid March. Depending on timing, I may do the stay and then sign the papers with my guide if all goes well. If not and I have to decide before the stay happens, then sign me up! (If I hate it there’s always the 10 day rescission period.)
These will be my sleep around points most years. I’ll try my luck at DLT and maybe Riviera if the family expresses an interest.
Will still make a booking for a studio at the 11 month mark and then try to switch elsewhere (maybe do a split stay) at the 7 month mark. I won’t be too upset if I can’t switch though and have to stay at GF!
For the years when we bring parents/in-laws, will likely bank & borrow to book a studio and a 1 bedroom and actually stay at GF.
These will be your sleeping around points? Wow! I mean, you’re right - having to stay at VGF is a good problem to have.

We already have points at VGF and do the (or did before the pandemic) every other year bank so that we could do a big 2 bedroom splurge. Debating on if we want to buy more when these become available. It's been forever, is there a minimum limit to what you can buy? Or if you already have points can you just buy whatever you want (I assume they don't sell like, 1, but you know are they going to insist on 100 or is 30 fine?)

We already have points at VGF and do the (or did before the pandemic) every other year bank so that we could do a big 2 bedroom splurge. Debating on if we want to buy more when these become available. It's been forever, is there a minimum limit to what you can buy? Or if you already have points can you just buy whatever you want (I assume they don't sell like, 1, but you know are they going to insist on 100 or is 30 fine?)

The current minimum add-on for Members is 25+ points, so 30 would be fine. That assumes they do not change it once VGF2 goes on sale, though.

We have 100 points with Copper Creek resale and we’re thinking of adding 150 points direct for VGF2.

We are already booked in a studio at CC Dec 3-10 and if we bought the additional points, we would also book Dec 10-17 at one of the new studios in Big Pine Key or maybe even a one bedroom at VGF (our use year is April so hoping to have 2021 and 2022 points, 300 total, to work with) to really enjoy Christmas at Disney World (we’ve never been at this time of year before).

We have 100 points with Copper Creek resale and we’re thinking of adding 150 points direct for VGF2.

We are already booked in a studio at CC Dec 3-10 and if we bought the additional points, we would also book Dec 10-17 at one of the new studios in Big Pine Key or maybe even a one bedroom at VGF (our use year is April so hoping to have 2021 and 2022 points, 300 total, to work with) to really enjoy Christmas at Disney World (we’ve never been at this time of year before).

This is a perfect split stay. I’d love to add on at CCV, and I probably will in the future. Both CCV and VGF at Christmas would be mind blowing.

You are missing the trifecta of jambo house, the three best Christmas resorts IMO

I actually would like to own there too someday to have a shot at the Kilimanjaro Club rooms.

Then I would have ownership at all of the resorts with those several stories high, breathtaking lobbies (and their massive Christmas trees).

As soon as I secure my new VGF points I’m going to use them to book 1-Bedrooms at SSR
No you have to go for 1 bedrooms at OKW. They are the largest on property, more square feet per point. The refurbishment at SSR is pretty nice with the Murphy bed. You wouldn’t want to be in that resort studio with a 1 cup coffee maker and beverage cooler. I want my beverages cold, not cool, especially when it’s 95+ out and humid. Heck they are going to have some rooms there with no balcony.

No you have to go for 1 bedrooms at OKW. They are the largest on property, more square feet per point. The refurbishment at SSR is pretty nice with the Murphy bed. You wouldn’t want to be in that resort studio with a 1 cup coffee maker and beverage cooler. I want my beverages cold, not cool, especially when it’s 95+ out and humid. Heck they are going to have some rooms there with no balcony.
Hearing poly is removing all fridges and going bevy cooler. Look out they are coming for your fridges

Hearing poly is removing all fridges and going bevy cooler. Look out they are coming for your fridges

Surprising it would not have been done in the rehab though. Guess a lot of POS documents will be getting updated.

Surprising it would not have been done in the rehab though. Guess a lot of POS documents will be getting updated.
It’s all a rumor and here-say so take it for what it’s worth, but apparently guests being told by poly staff fridges to be removed for the coolers

Man another strike against Poly if they dont have an actual Fridge because I don't think Milk will even keep in a beverage cooler for sure.

It’s all a rumor and here-say so take it for what it’s worth, but apparently guests being told by poly staff fridges to be removed for the coolers
I was in a Poly studio 2 weeks ago and we had a cooler not a fridge. I did not take any of my food to go because I didn't trust it to keep it at a safe temp.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter