• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How bad are masks in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Universal in July and Disney in September and November.

Masks were not an issue for any of the people in my travel party.

My daughter and I preferred disposable procedure masks while my son and wife preferred homemade cloth masks.

No one ever felt a need to swap masks during the day.

DH sweats really bad. We did go in July. The key is to have multiple masks. They do tend to feel hotter when they get wet. I kept 2 ziplock bags in my purse. One for clean masks and one for dirty wet ones. We did use cloth reusable and just washed them and hung them up in the room when we got back.

Masks in July, in a word, HOT! That said, it’s not much different than any other day in Disney in July. It does get uncomfortable, I would suggest bringing multiple masks and switching midday. I wouldn’t let it deter you from going though if that is the time that works best for your family. I’ll be there myself in July!

They are HORRIBLE! I can't state that enough. We were taking breaks at least once an hour in the no mask zones in September. The masks soaked through within 15 minutes of wearing them. You're basically breathing through a wet mask all day because of that. I will never go in the summer again if I have to wear a mask.

December with the masks was fine but never again summer in masks!

I went in august and struggled on one day out of nine. I am from Texas and am a marathon runner and work for a hospital, so not only would you think I would be used to the heat but also that I would be used to masks. However, I underestimated the need to drink a lot while wearing one. One day in Hollywood studios I started sweating a lot, got really cold, and the world started spinning. While I don’t think this was the masks fault - I do think it contributed. Make sure you drink regularly and wear good breathable masks.

I agree with other posters who’ve recommended disposable masks. We visited last July for the week following the reopening. We brought many masks and we both felt the disposable were the most comfortable. It wasn’t as bad as I’d expected, but every once in awhile I was briefly overcome with a sense of not getting enough air. I just stepped to the side, sipped water and took in some air with my mask lowered. Truthfully, though, that can happen in July when not wearing a mask.

Last edited:
They are HORRIBLE! I can't state that enough. We were taking breaks at least once an hour in the no mask zones in September. The masks soaked through within 15 minutes of wearing them. You're basically breathing through a wet mask all day because of that. I will never go in the summer again if I have to wear a mask.

December with the masks was fine but never again summer in masks!
Curious what kind of mask you were wearing. I sweat a TON, like shirt soaked through in anything over 80 degrees within an hour, sweaty. And I never had to change my mask due to sweat in August. No breaks each day other than meals. No issues at all, didn't even notice I had it on.

I went in august and struggled on one day out of nine. I am from Texas and am a marathon runner and work for a hospital, so not only would you think I would be used to the heat but also that I would be used to masks. However, I underestimated the need to drink a lot while wearing one. One day in Hollywood studios I started sweating a lot, got really cold, and the world started spinning. While I don’t think this was the masks fault - I do think it contributed. Make sure you drink regularly and wear good breathable masks.
Oh wow yes I will remember to have water or drinks with us at all times.

I "practiced" (actually more like feared for my life) by wearing masks while doing indoor circuit training and hot yoga. An hour of those was worse than one hour in the parks in July. However, all day at the park was worse than the one hour. It wasn't terrible though. The humidity was the biggest issue. We live in Texas if that matters. We also ate a table service at least once a day, which helped. I brought folding Chinese fans which helped.

I wonder if we will have to have some type of certificate stating we have had the covid vaccine 🤷‍♀️

The problem is that it doesn't guarantee that you won't spread it. The vaccine has only been tested against symptoms and bodily response. They still don't know if you can be a truly asymptomatic carrier who can spread it. By July, there should, hopefully, be a much larger percentage with the vaccine and lower numbers.

We were there last July/august. Mainly cloth masks. Yes they’re hot. you especially notice it when you take them off how stifling they can be. However, you can still breathe and there’s other ways to cool you down (drink cold water, damp towels around the neck, misting fans etc). Plan to take things slower and take breaks.

I booked for July and I’m hoping no masks by then. Vaccines will be available to everyone around summer or sooner. More research needs to be done about if it stops spread which id hope since majority of vaccines do but I’m hopeful. We will get those answers sooner. Happy thoughts

Being in florida where things are more relaxed, I could easily see it. Real question would be if MORE people would come without the mandate. I’d expect a lot more people will come at that point

At the very least I’d hope masks are NOT required outside.

Here’s hoping. If this taught us anything, massive things can change in 6 months

If so, the cheapy airy ones would be best in the heat

What are peoples thoughts on mask rules? Do you think Disney will still make it a requirement to wear them this Summer? How long do you think this rule will be in place? We're booked for August but won't go if we still have to wear masks as it will just be way too hot.

What are peoples thoughts on mask rules? Do you think Disney will still make it a requirement to wear them this Summer? How long do you think this rule will be in place? We're booked for August but won't go if we still have to wear masks as it will just be way too hot.
There is another thread going on about this currently. Short answer, nobody knows. But I had zero issues wearing a mask this past August, didn't even know it was on. The mask didn't make me feel any hotter.

There is another thread going on about this currently. Short answer, nobody knows. But I had zero issues wearing a mask this past August, didn't even know it was on. The mask didn't make me feel any hotter.

How long was your visit? We plan to go for 3 weeks and the idea of wearing a mask for that length of time does not fill me with joy 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter