How bad is Presidents Day week really?

If you have APs and a free hotel stay, just go. It's almost always crowded anyway, and at least the rides will be running at full capacity.
6 free nights in Orlando and you're actually thinking you won't go??? GO! Have fun! Grab some FPs and enjoy!
AP and free resort?! Heck yeah, I'd go!!
You've got a free hotel and APs. Go!!!!!
💯 agree with the others. Why not go? A crowded day at Disney is better than a day anywhere else. I’ve been many times over Presidents Day and always had a blast. Disney is what you make of it 😁

We have gone President's week almost every year for the last six years and I say go.

We avoid the actual President's weekend and don't start touring until Tuesday or Wednesday. It's crowded but manageable. I found Memorial Day weekend to be worse, and the mid October weekend we did last year to be the worst of all. I would take the latter part of President's week over other school break times in a second. The weather is lovely.

I made last-minute plans to go to WDW during Presidents Week this past Feb. 17-23, after a previously-planned trip to Haiti had to be cancelled the night before I was to fly to Orlando. My biggest problem was finding onsite lodging, so I ended up staying at 5 different hotels the 7 nights I was there! Fortunately, it was a solo trip.

Yes, the parks were crowded (Epcot not as much), but I was still able to get fastpasses. The crowds were heaviest Sunday and Monday, then were considerably lower as the week went on.

As others have said - go and enjoy what you can. At least with an AP, you don't feel like you are wasting a day of admission if you don't spend much time at the parks.

We’ve gone several times during this week and I think it’s totally manageable if you have your FP booked and don’t have to do every ride. Weather is pleasant - we’ve been able to swim but it isn’t super hot like spring/summer/fall.

We've gone to Disney during Presidents Day week the past 4 years. This past trip it was the busiest it's ever been. Very long wait times. The Monday after Presidents Day week the crowd felt like it was literally cut in half. If you hate crowds, you will probably not enjoy it. It's not like the holidays but it is much busier than off peak. In 2020 the weekend of Feb 21-23, you will have the Presidents Day crowd, Princess Half Marathon crowd, and Mardi Gras crowd. Fortunately you will miss most of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter