How bad is your hair?

I color my own hair.....did it yesterday.
Got my hair cut in early March.
It will be good for a couple of months

Same here, I do my own. Did it 6 weeks ago, and have a box sitting here waiting to do it again in a week or so.
I will need a haircut badly when this is all over though. Hubby wanted me to grow it out. I haven't had hair this long since I was in high school, and I don't like it anymore! Its been a pain in the neck for the last 2 months, tired of tying it up at night so I can sleep without it being all over my face. Getting it cut short when hair salons can open back up again.

I'm still growing out a bad cut from last year. I wanted it just above shoulder length, with a long layer, no bangs. I need the layers to help thin out, because my hair is super thick. Simple, right? It's what I had already, so it should have been fairly simple to trim it in the same style. Nope, the stylist (new to the shop, and I will NEVER let him so much as wash my hair again) cut it to jaw length, and barely trimmed the layers, so there was maybe an inch between the layer and the bottom. It looked so bad!

I had to go back to get the bottom evened some, because it was longer on one side than the other, just enough that you could tell. When he cut it, I wasn't happy with it, and I told him, but he just said it would look better when it dried (and there was nothing to do about the shortness) so I left (and I couldn't see a thing while he was cutting; I'm blind without my glasses!).

So now it's just about to the bottom of my neck and the longer layers are almost caught up to the bottom, so I would be able to get it at least trimmed soon....but no.

I stopped coloring about a year ago, when it started getting harder to get the silvery gray to take the color. So now, I'm back to my natural color (which is only a few shades less red and a bit more brown than my preferred color) with lots of silvery highlights. And I kinda like it! I think I'm gonna rock that silvery gray look.

DH's beard is in worse shape than mine. He needed to get it shaved underneath, and trimmed up, and was planning on doing it right before we went on vacation. Missed that window.

DS hasn't had his hair cut in 3 years (I've tried to get him to at least get a trim, but he has dug his heels in. It's his hair, he can deal with it.). He's got that long layered, 70s front flip thing going on, and it actually looks good on him. LOL

So going back to the subject, I didn't get my hair cut while it was still possible, and now pretty much any service in California is illegal unless it's done by a member of the same household. I'm not sure how legal it would be for someone to do it for free for a friend, but who is going to do that?

I've taken to at least trimming in the front with my razor's pop up trimmer and scissors. I'm mostly looking to keep my hair out of my eyes. Eventually it's going to turn into a mullet.

So going back to the subject, I didn't get my hair cut while it was still possible, and now pretty much any service in California is illegal unless it's done by a member of the same household. I'm not sure how legal it would be for someone to do it for free for a friend, but who is going to do that?

I've taken to at least trimming in the front with my razor's pop up trimmer and scissors. I'm mostly looking to keep my hair out of my eyes. Eventually it's going to turn into a mullet.
:) Neither DH nor I have had a haircut in a year. I decided to grow out my bangs, DH now can get his in a small ponytail (reminds him of his college days!). He was telling me recently he is interested in the vacuum thing George Clooney uses, but I have heard that is sold out. My DD in SF who has a very short haircut had a work colleague cut it outside once early in the fall, and her regular stylist was able to cut it outside a month ago.

Apparently I was all about pampering myself during quarantine. I got my eyebrows done AND a haircut. My boys and husband got their haircut twice during quarantine. They are about due for another one, and we are all closed again.

I still haven't had a cut. I had a fringe of bangs that I was keeping trimmed, but now that the rest of my hair is just long and straight it looks weird. I guess I'm growing that out now.

I had already stopped highlighting prior to the pandemic in hopes that my grey would do the highlighting for me. That didn't work out! Unfortunately my grey is a really harsh grey and that, along with being stick straight now looks bad. (Think Witch! YIKES!)

I can't remember the last time I was in a beauty parlor. My hair is completely gray and I wear it in a ponytail. My daughter trims it once in a while and I cut my own bangs. I often think of all the money I haven't spent on my hair. I have never had a manicure or pedicure; both give me the creeps.

the long shut down in the spring made me realize that I really like my hair a bit longer. I let all the layers grow out and had a cut in the summer and another just before Thanksgiving shaping it up into a new style. DH has become quite the colorist. He started doing my roots every 3 weeks in the spring and we have and likely will continue. He has also done my highlights twice since March. I constantly get asked who is keeping my hair looking so good. I likely won’t be going back as long as he’s willing to help me save money.

Last edited:
I haven't been since January 4th. I'm thinking about making an appointment for February. I want to give the holiday spike time to come down.

At least now I can put it in a ponytail with some bobby pin assistance.

:goodvibes Pretty much as good as it gets, actually. I got a haircut a week ago Saturday just before the salons were shut-down indefinitely and I box-coloured this morning.

:) Neither DH nor I have had a haircut in a year. I decided to grow out my bangs, DH now can get his in a small ponytail (reminds him of his college days!). He was telling me recently he is interested in the vacuum thing George Clooney uses, but I have heard that is sold out. My DD in SF who has a very short haircut had a work colleague cut it outside once early in the fall, and her regular stylist was able to cut it outside a month ago.

I had a haircut in February I think. Once such services closed, I didn't get another one until late August when it was possible again in my county. But now I've got about 4 months of growth where I'm doing my best just to keep the hair out of my eyes. I know it looks bad but at this point anyone who would see me on a Zoom call would understand the difficulty of getting a decent trim.

I normally only go about 1-2 times a year, had my last Ouidad cut in October 2019... sigh. Got really annoyed one day in July, made a part & put my hair into ponytails then cut off about 5 inches on either side with fabric shears. I'm lucky I have quick growing hair with loose curls and waves so it usually just sort of falls ok, it would be nicer with a skilled sculpt cut but that won't be happening until I feel safe having someone breathing within a foot of my face, it'll be a while so I'll be patient. I color my own, auburn is auburn.

DS has my hair so he can leave it be, DD enjoys cutting and coloring her own as the mood strikes so that's all good. I've been doing DH's hair since we got the clippers in March, it's not too hard to do. Seems that many short cuts are all about the number of the clip over the blades so it's mostly like color by numbers. I found some videos online and it works.

I usually go just twice a year, and had it trimmed and shaped back in September. I wanted to have bangs again, but decided not to, and I'm glad I didn't because it'll be a while before I go back. I just put a headband on and I'm good to go. I stopped coloring my hair about two years now and so it's streaked with gray, and I'm okay with that.

I usually wear my hair in a pixie cut because it’s so thick and grows so fast. It’s now past my shoulders and it’s driving me insane. My husband has never seen me with hair this long and he loves it. He also knows that the second I can, I’m getting it all chopped off. Either that or I’ll shave my head like I’ve always wanted to. Now that I work from home it won’t matter how dumb it could look. It feels like I have a lumpy head lol

Mine's pretty good. Got my hair cut 2 weeks ago.

Before everybody goes and has a cow over it, in my state, hair salons are allowed to be open. The stylist I go to has her own private studio in one of those Sola Salons places. She disinfects in between clients. She wears a mask, I wear a mask, she doesn't see a client if he/she refuses to wear one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter