• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How big are the rental strollers?

peterpanandwendy

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! Has anyone managed a 5 year old in the strollers available for rental at the front gate? We are debating on not bringing our daughter's special stroller (she has autism and other disabilities) because I would HATE to have it stollen in the parks :( We only get a replacement every 3 years.

She is fine with not having her own stroller, especially if Disney has one big enough for a 5 year old...

Is she a large 5yo or a small 5yo? The strollers are decent sized. Unless she is a very large 5yo, she should be comfortable. I have seen teens in the strollers, and while they are too large, they weren't uncomfrtable.

Our youngest fit when he was 5 (average height and on the chubby side). I don't remember hearing any complaints that he was uncomfortable. There was plenty of room for his nap blanket, too. If your daughter doesn't require lots of room, she should be fine. You could try calling/emailing Guest Services to see if they have exact stroller measurements for you.

Unless she's a large 5 year old, you should be fine. Google Disneyland rental strollers, and look at "images". You can see what they look like. They are green jogging type strollers. You might also consider rental from an outside company. They can deliver to your hotel so that you have something to get you back and forth to the parks as well.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I think she is a tall 5 year old (long legs), but very thin. I'm hoping she won't have to spend too much time in it. We won't need it to/from the hotel because we are staying at the Tropicana and her dad can easily carry her that far at night. She has a child harness for safety, as we do want her to be able to walk as much as she can (and she LOVES to explore) but we wanted the stroller option for park hopping or if we had to walk longer distances etc.

As far as napping.... I had sort of hoped she might? When we took the kids 4 years ago she was 1, so the strollers were fine then and she napped in them no problem, but I sort of remember them being able to recline.. have they changed since then? Or am I just remembering something that didn't happen, lol? The reality is that she doesn't nap usually during the day, so I don't really expect her to nap... but if she did fall asleep from all the stimulation and long days it would be nice if she was half-way comfortable.

Here is a pic of the strollers.
disneyland-stroller-guide.jpg

However, I have also seen a few of these.
20180421_154601-M.jpg

Here is a pic of the strollers.
disneyland-stroller-guide.jpg

However, I have also seen a few of these.
20180421_154601-M.jpg
Yeah, it seems like they’ve been phasing in the ones on the bottom, or they tried to replace the old ones but failed? We went three times in a week earlier this year and ONLY saw the newer, bottom ones, so I thought the old ones were gone, but then they came back. I usually see both now and have been curious if they’re giving people the option or what... maybe people complained? The newer ones look significantly less comfortable to me.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's likely for maintenence reasons? The soft ones would be much harder to keep clean and sanitary, especially with ice cream melts and throw up and other child messes... I guess for a rental stroller the bottom ones make more sense because they can be easily wiped and sanitized. They are also lower/smaller and take up less space in stroller parking (keeping walkways clear)... Very interesting. Both look like good options :) Thanks for posting those pics! Super helpful :)

The hard ones look horrible to sit in. I can't tell if it has storage either. I imagine the seat getting warm too, in the hot sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter