How busy are parks?

queenpatricia

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me how busy the parks are at this time of year? Especially this week. Interested on going to EPCOT, Studios, and Magic Kingdom.

Can anyone tell me how busy the parks are at this time of year? Especially this week. Interested on going to EPCOT, Studios, and Magic Kingdom.

May is said to be a fairly slow month, but as a PP said....Disney just doesn't have a "slow" time anymore. Now I will say, that several DISers here who visit in June...the first couple of weeks have said that the summer months are actually slower than the fall and the holiday season.

I was there last week May 1 - 7th and was expecting a lot lower crowds than what we had. I had read a lot here on the boards and elsewhere that the first couple of weeks of May were low crowds, but it really didn't feel like it. I didn't see much of a difference between the crowds last week and when we normally go in early June.

I’m here now. (Currently having a late dinner in AK.). The parks are hopping. Rope drop and late evening are going to be your best bet, both for thinner crowds and getting things done.

The last two weekends had cheer competition which is what created the very busy weekends everyone is reporting. Anytime there is a special event like that, crowds are going to be higher.

I know this won't help you now, but we have always gone this week after Mother's Day and it is usually reasonable although the crowds are still there for sure. This year we waited until the kids are out of school and are arriving on June 5th for a week, so I will have a comparison of how mid May compares to the first week in June.

I thought MK was great on Friday (May 10). Had minimal waits on a number of rides (though FP was key, of course). AK was very, very busy on Saturday (May 11). Was almost painful - literally, bumping into people, strollers, etc. We anticipated it, so we cranked out rides in AM and took lots of food and drink breaks to escape the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter