How busy is WDW mid October?

We went in October 2014 and it was more crowded than I anticipated. It had an impact on my usual touring plans. There are things I would definitely do differently. I wrote a trip report about it (linked in my signature). Basically, I adjusted my expectations. I was also able to identify some things that would have helped, such as FP+ timing changes. Feel free to skim the report if you are so inclined. It isn't too terribly long.;)

We went Oct 18th to the 25th and we only ran into crowds at Epcot and Magic Kingdom (on non party nights, WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!)

We walked on to ever thing at AK multiple times, HS we walked on to everything but TS (fp+) and it seemed like the crowds came to each attraction after we got off. Good luck there I guess.

We went to F&W on a Thursday and it was still crazy crowded. Couldnt even imagine what the weekends look like.

I realized that there was a reason the Oct 4th to 25th were excluded from free dining!

Wow, glad I spotted this thread. Hubby and I were planning on October of this year due to the weather and what I thought would be a lower crowd time of year. Would November be better? Like 1st/2nd week?

Wow, glad I spotted this thread. Hubby and I were planning on October of this year due to the weather and what I thought would be a lower crowd time of year. Would November be better? Like 1st/2nd week?

We thought the last week of Oct was pretty good for crowds....the fall breaks seemed to be over by then. Having said that, the week before thanksgiving is also good.

We thought the last week of Oct was pretty good for crowds....the fall breaks seemed to be over by then. Having said that, the week before thanksgiving is also good.

Good! We also picked October because of the decorations, our MIL may be coming along and it's her favorite holiday. Ahhh we got plenty of time to figure it out. :thumbsup2

Despite what many crowd calanders report, the last week of October that includes Halloween is noticeably less busy. Less fall breaks and many families simply don't want to miss Halloween at home.

This is what what me and DH were discussing last night. Going end Of October would mean missing Halloween at home.
Would we want to do that? trick or treating at a party is fun, and you get lots of candy.
Halloween falls on a Saturday this year so would it be a packed party night or would it be manageable?
If we are not at a party but there for Halloween how would we pass the night?

This is what what me and DH were discussing last night. Going end Of October would mean missing Halloween at home. Would we want to do that? trick or treating at a party is fun, and you get lots of candy. Halloween falls on a Saturday this year so would it be a packed party night or would it be manageable? If we are not at a party but there for Halloween how would we pass the night?

We had a fabulous time on Halloween night in 2014. Mickey's Backyard BBQ followed by trick or treating at Ft. Wilderness...so fun!

We had a fabulous time on Halloween night in 2014. Mickey's Backyard BBQ followed by trick or treating at Ft. Wilderness...so fun!

That does sound like a fun night! Mickeys BBQ is on our lists of places to try this year. Do all of the resorts participate in trick or treating?

October is much more crowded than it used to be. I would put crowds close to the same levels as summer.

Epcot is crazy on Friday nights and through the weekends

DITTO!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Also lots of school kids in Epcot Fridays for field trips.

I was very surprised at early and mid October crowds. I would put them close to mid August levels.

That does sound like a fun night! Mickeys BBQ is on our lists of places to try this year. Do all of the resorts participate in trick or treating?

It was great! Characters in costume dancing with the kids and then they came around for pics and autographs. Plus, Phineas and Ferb made an appearance. Add in unlimited beer, wine, sangria, and Mickey ice cream bars and well....it's awesome! All the resorts do have some sort of Halloween party with maybe a DJ, characters, and some form of trick or treating. At the Fort, though, it was more like traditional trick or treat at the RV sites and those people go all out with decorations...very cool.

We were there 10/18-25. I wouldn't say it was super busy. Even without FP+ we never waited more than 50 min for a ride, and that was only for soarin and 7DMT. The rest were like 20-30 min max. I also planned our days using easywdw and went to MK on party days.

We went mid October 2013 and found the crowds much busier than expected, however still manageable. The first few days were very hot but cooled off halfway through the week. We have another trip booked for this year for the last week in October! I've thought about switching to the end of September as I hear crowds are supposed to be much lower but I hear the heat is brutal!

Plenty hot all through September and a lot of October. Sometimes November. Occasionally December. Just my "anecdotal" experience. :)

We would mostly be going for the Halloween party. My kids and I have really wanted to go! My son is all about the villains! We would be going more than likely for only 5 days :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter