How can I go online at exactly 8:00?

Is this a situation where every second counts? How quickly do the reservations book up at the 11 and 7 month mark?

It depends on time of year and what you are seeking. When members were making Christmas time reservations 11 months out, you were actually fine even if you did not hit most things 11 months out. However, BLT standard and AKV value went fairly quickly, although you were OK waiting to call after 9. But AKV concierge disappeared for most nights of the week within 5 minutes of the on line 8 a.m. start time on Dec 25.

Watching 7 month reservations, it appears thus far that whether you reserve on line or instead call at 9 has not made any significant difference in that what you cannot get has usally been because it was not available at all at 7 months out, but we have been able to see that reserve time only for time late Aug through late Oct thus far.

If I were you I would call MS before you try to book on line and ask that question about adding the last night with bought points. I do not see why you could not do what you want to do - worse case they cancel what you have and rebook it??? Let us know what you find out. Remember the purchase of points can only done at 7 month window and is something I keep forgetting myself!

I did call MS today. I was told I could borrow points during the on-line process so yes I could book the first 4 nights on-line and then call to add the 5th night borrowing the rest of the points and purchasing some one time use points.

My 7 month booking window isn't until May so it will be a while before I can test this out.

If you need to cancel a reservation to make another one at 7 months out, you can do it on line but at high risk. You have to cancel first before attempting to book on line. Thus, the risk is whatever you want may disappear while you are taking the time to cancel. You cannot lock in the other reservation for that 20 minute period before doing the cancelation.

Thanks for clearing this up. Do you think it would be smart then to cancel earlier? Like the day before perhaps?

Thanks for clearing this up. Do you think it would be smart then to cancel earlier? Like the day before perhaps?

I'm planning on cancelling about 2 hours before do you think that will be long enough? I've got the bonus of being in the uk, time difference means it's 1pm when it's 8.00am esb.

Also my current reservation is made with banked and borrowed points. Does that make a difference? Can I still book online after cancelling the current booking or do I have to call because of the banking and borrowing. Sorry for all of the questions. Being able to book at 8:00am would be such an advantage for me as I will be at work at 9am and may not be able to make that call to MS.

You should not cancel before doing another reservation at 7 months out. You risk ending up with nothing. You should wait until 9 a.m. eastern and call MS. MS can do the switch by holding a new room while it cancels the prior reservation.

That said if you want to take the big risk of canceling on line and then reserving at 8 a.m., then frankly you can cancel anytime before 8 am. of the seven month window because you have already determined you are not going to keep that reservation. To be able to reserve exactly seven months out, you will need to complete the cancelation by about minute before 8 a.m.

If you cancel on-line, points return to your account within a minute and then can be used for another reservation on line and that includes banked and borrowed points.

Thanks drusba. I appreciate your help. Our existing reservation is at SSR so I'm hoping they will still have availability should our preferred resort be gone already. We are flexible with our dates so we can change that as well should we need to.

I did call MS today. I was told I could borrow points during the on-line process so yes I could book the first 4 nights on-line and then call to add the 5th night borrowing the rest of the points and purchasing some one time use points.

My 7 month booking window isn't until May so it will be a while before I can test this out.

Yes you can do this because I just did it 2days ago. I had booked a trip July 4-7 and decide to add on July 8. I was 14 points short so I bought those one time points and then added July 8th to my current reservations. You can buy those points to either add or create a new reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter