How can I prevent Member Services from merging two reservations?

Agreed. But OP was worried about an auto-merge by MS and I have experienced that without asking for one. I'm not sure if a waitlist coming through was the trigger, so thought I'd dole out my experience.
I have too. I was not happy, as I was planning on modifying one for another resort at 7 months. MS couldn't 'unmerge' when I called - I just had to drop the days and cross my fingers.

I came upon a wrinkle today - after upgrading to a Sorcerer AP on the phone, the CM noted that my existing park reservations (made with an 8-day PH) were still there but could be cancelled due to the change in ticket type. She encouraged me to cancel and rebook the park reservations under the AP, and in order to do that I had to update one of my DVC reservations so it had my name on it (instead of the fictitious name I used to prevent merging of the 2 reservations). This was needed so I could book park reservations for my entire trip under my name.

I was able to chat with Member Services to get the same name put on both reservations, and after I did that I asked the CM to put a note on each reservation that they should NOT merge the reservations without contacting me first. Hopefully that will leave my reservations unmerged and if my waitlist comes through it will only replace the corresponding reservation.

Too late now, but you could have booked 5 of the reservations with your AP only allotment (not tied to a resort reservation) and the remaining ones tied to the reservation that had the correct name.....

ETA: This is assuming you are not local and have no plans to use the AP only allotment for day trips.

Last edited:
If you're traveling with another adult, you could make that person lead guest on one of the legs. That person would need to match it up to their friends, which includes you. You could also add different fictional people so the names don't match.

If you're traveling with another adult, you could make that person lead guest on one of the legs. That person would need to match it up to their friends, which includes you. You could also add different fictional people so the names don't match.
This is a solo trip, so there is no other person to use. The issue with fictional people is that you need to match each person on the reservation to someone on your Friends & Family list in MDE when linking the reservation. I'd rather not add that to my MDE.

Too late now, but you could have booked 5 of the reservations with your AP only allotment (not tied to a resort reservation) and the remaining ones tied to the reservation that had the correct name.....

ETA: This is assuming you are not local and have no plans to use the AP only allotment for day trips.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I'm not a local so that would have worked. Although now that I have an AP I'm thinking of adding some days to my trip ...

I came upon a wrinkle today - after upgrading to a Sorcerer AP on the phone, the CM noted that my existing park reservations (made with an 8-day PH) were still there but could be cancelled due to the change in ticket type. She encouraged me to cancel and rebook the park reservations under the AP, and in order to do that I had to update one of my DVC reservations so it had my name on it (instead of the fictitious name I used to prevent merging of the 2 reservations). This was needed so I could book park reservations for my entire trip under my name.

I was able to chat with Member Services to get the same name put on both reservations, and after I did that I asked the CM to put a note on each reservation that they should NOT merge the reservations without contacting me first. Hopefully that will leave my reservations unmerged and if my waitlist comes through it will only replace the corresponding reservation.

I have never had a merge and I have them in my name all the time…like several…while there have been a few reports where it happened, I think it is rare. CMs have actually suggested it to help with booking split stays at 7 mints..

MS is definitely merging. They did it twice on my upcoming stay in June without me asking. I mean cool, I was going to do it anyway, but it is happening.

MS is definitely merging. They did it twice on my upcoming stay in June without me asking. I mean cool, I was going to do it anyway, but it is happening.

Did you have a waitlist for any of those dates that filled? Just curious if that is what triggered a look at your account.

They merged me once when my waitlist filled on the end, pretty obvious. I had another waitlist that made three reservations I would combine eventually. It didn't merge when they filled the waitlist. Weeks later, they merged 2/3 but not the third. Who know what they are doing?

I had these set up to merge. If I had been playing with waitlists, and didn't want them to merge, I would have made someone else lead guest in the middle leg.

They merged me once when my waitlist filled on the end, pretty obvious. I had another waitlist that made three reservations I would combine eventually. It didn't merge when they filled the waitlist. Weeks later, they merged 2/3 but not the third. Who know what they are doing?

I had these set up to merge. If I had been playing with waitlists, and didn't want them to merge, I would have made someone else lead guest in the middle leg.

Thanks…just trying to see why some potentially get merged and others don’t…so far, the reports I have seen have involved waitlists being matched which triggered someone to be in that account.

Could be why many of us never experience it…but, at least we maybe we have a clue

MS will definitely merge reservations without asking. Happened twice to us in the year - we did not have a waitlist. I have learned the hard way to put separate names as the lead guest to avoid an automatic merge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter