How can they fix ADR's?

I don’t have a problem with some tables held back for walk up’s - because on the same note I think it’s pretty bad some people can’t even eat at their resort where they are paying hundreds of dollars per night to stay.
You're not wrong. But rather than force us to fight each other for tables, Disney needs to increase capacity.

I understand, but some people that don't have hotel reservation or didn't plan in advance currently have no hope booking many places. That's not magical for them, either. I think holding back some spots for day off would be a good compromise. There is no way that everyone will be totally happy, because there are just too many people chasing too few tables.

Any solution that anyone proposes will always have pros and cons and some people will reject it if it happens to clash with their personal preferences and circumstances. A "fair" solution would probably upset everyone, and there's no way to avoid that.
Disney doesn’t care if it’s fair.

Good. Those "services" make life miserable for other people. But, I doubt that would be the case: the parks are so crowded, there is a nearly inexhaustible supply of guests willing to pay to be less miserable.
Unless they are hitting a cap each day (they aren’t) then there is no line of people willing to take your place buying Genie+. Every lost sale would indeed be a lost sale.

At WDW now, and there are 10 minute walk ups available at many places I’ve checked when I’ve been in proximity. We only did two TS this trip, but the restaurants haven’t been packed. Maybe staffing, or the 2 hour cancellation change, or maybe Disney is holding back some for walk ups.

I'm all for a suggestion I've seen tossed around on the boards. Have a dining rez per person that is a credit against your meal. If you need to cancel, you eat the deposit. Disney does the occasional bout of pixie dust, so those in actual emergencies could request an exception. Yeah, this is a harsher approach, but many other restaurants have such a fee. If people want the ability to reserve so far out then that's a risk they would take. With parks being busier than ever, I think they need to do something to help counter the hoarding. I think it's being done way more often than we think.

I'm all for a suggestion I've seen tossed around on the boards. Have a dining rez per person that is a credit against your meal. If you need to cancel, you eat the deposit. Disney does the occasional bout of pixie dust, so those in actual emergencies could request an exception. Yeah, this is a harsher approach, but many other restaurants have such a fee. If people want the ability to reserve so far out then that's a risk they would take. With parks being busier than ever, I think they need to do something to help counter the hoarding. I think it's being done way more often than we think.
I understand what you’re saying, but Disney is to blame right now for a lot of this and it’s not right to punish those of us playing fairly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter