How cold are Disney restaurants?

leannak

DIS Veteran
Hi!! Can anyone tell me how cold the air conditioning feels in restaurants inside the parks? We are trying to do sit-down lunches most days and a few dinners for our trip in a couple of weeks. We went out to dinner near home recently and we were all freezing in the restaurant after being out in the heat. Fortunately I had a light jacket in the car and one of our kids had a sweater. I’m wondering if we should bring light sweaters along into the parks in the middle of summer. (It sounds crazy, I know… )

I always, always have a light, long sleeve, button down shirt. Easy to fold, carry, fold it over my cross body bag, purse, etc. It's not only restaurants that can be cool at times, but so can rides/inside attractions and busses.

I feel so bad sometimes when I get on a bus and see small children (and some adults) are dressed for the 90s weather and the bus is freezing.

Have fun!!!

The air conditioning has always felt comfortable to me after being out in the heat, HOWEVER a couple of years ago we ate at The Diamond Horseshoe at Magic Kingdom. We froze to death in that place. I was waiting for it to start snowing in there. That is the only time I was uncomfortable while dinning. We could not wait to get out of there.

It can vary from restaurant to restaurant. I don't remember being overly cold anywhere on my last trip.

The Rainforest Café used to be like eating in a freezer, but I haven't gone there in at least a decade so I don't know if that's still true. I just have vivid memories of freezing my butt off in the one at AK and it feeling so nice to step out in the August heat after.

Hi!! Can anyone tell me how cold the air conditioning feels in restaurants inside the parks? We are trying to do sit-down lunches most days and a few dinners for our trip in a couple of weeks. We went out to dinner near home recently and we were all freezing in the restaurant after being out in the heat. Fortunately I had a light jacket in the car and one of our kids had a sweater. I’m wondering if we should bring light sweaters along into the parks in the middle of summer. (It sounds crazy, I know… )
So our recent end of April trip I forgot my jacket and regretted it since it got chilly at night, relatively speaking. It was 82 daytime so fairly comfortable and indoor temps were not too bad. I actually thought that they needed to pump up the AC a bit indoors. But our summer trips, the stark contrast between high heat/humidity and the AC makes indoors feel like it's the arctic. If you hate being cold, especially while also sweaty, you will want to carry a light jacket.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that all previous replies are from women??? I don't ever remember being cold in a WDW restaurant. DW is often cold, even in our own house! She has a t-shirt that says "I'm Freaking Freezing!" But I don't recall her complaining about being cold in WDW.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that all previous replies are from women??? I don't ever remember being cold in a WDW restaurant. DW is often cold, even in our own house! She has a t-shirt that says "I'm Freaking Freezing!" But I don't recall her complaining about being cold in WDW.
LOL, yes, I am a chilly lady but in my defense, my husband who definitely isn't always cold but he usually does notice the drastic temp differences indoor vs outdoor, but he usually will acclimate with no issue after 5-10 min, most times I will too.

We're having dinner at Yak and Yeti's Friday, and (in spirit) I'm taking my warmest parka complete with fur hat, gloves and mukluks, and a dog sled or two for provisions. You think I jest lololol. It's been freezing the last few times I've eaten there, to the point I felt like asking where the ice rink was. I literally left the restaurant while Himself was settling the bill to escape the AC.

I'm seriously taking a jacket when we go.

I find the seats in the back of the bus are often less cold. On one of our first days taking the bus this trip, I got a back spasm from the sudden transitions from extreme heat to cold to heat. Not a happy camper that time.

All that said, you'd think I like the heat...nope. Just not AC taken to antarctic levels.

I always have to have a long sleeved shirt in my bag because I typically get cold. That said, we were just there for 10 days and I didn't need it one time. I never once even thought, I'm chilly maybe I should get my shirt. I was comfortable in every restaurant, every bus, monorail etc.

My wife is 4'11" 95lbs., she's typically cold everywhere, but she has never complained at any of the parks restaurants.

The hotter it is outside, the colder it seems inside. My wife always brings a sweater to dinner.

Nice reminder! I can't remember that far back but my mother always is freezing cold inside, and I think my "It's cold in here" gene is starting to activate! Doesn't hurt to bring something to cover your arms.

I am very cold natured. I almost always take a sweater to restaurants because they are always chilly to me. I wear a sweater or sweatshirt in my house because I get cold with the a/c. However, we just returned from 4 very full days in wdw and I did not feel overly cold one single time. In my opinion they are not cranking in enough a/c anywhere in wdw right now. Places I expected it to be nice and cool, it was just kind of cool. The 2 coolest restaurants we ate at were hbd and crt and neither was too cold for me. DS was a bit chilly in both but not crazy cold. We ate at Sci-Fi and we were CRAZY hot and sweaty and were not chilled at all. IMO it was very moderate in there.

I have to agree with the OP. I am always cold and always take some sort of light sweater with me. Prior to going last week I had read that the AC in the parks, restrooms, and restaurants just didn't seem cold like they use to. I have to agree 100%, It was always refreshing to cool off even in the bathrooms. I think the only place it felt truly cold was the lobby of the Beach Club and that didn't last very long.

I always, always have a light, long sleeve, button down shirt. Easy to fold, carry, fold it over my cross body bag, purse, etc. It's not only restaurants that can be cool at times, but so can rides/inside attractions and busses.

I feel so bad sometimes when I get on a bus and see small children (and some adults) are dressed for the 90s weather and the bus is freezing.

Have fun!!!
Busses at WDW often feel like meat lockers. Drivers claim they can't control the temperature. Don't know if this is true or not.

I never bring a sweater because I never want to carry it around, and I do find myself getting cold in restaurants at times. Especially since the humidity and perspiration can make clothes feel damp, that makes me extra cold inside in the AC.

I never bring a sweater because I never want to carry it around, and I do find myself getting cold in restaurants at times. Especially since the humidity and perspiration can make clothes feel damp, that makes me extra cold inside in the AC.
I hear you. I don't want to be hauling a sweater around but it sounds like I'm going to be freezing in the restaurants. So will my kids. We all have very thin packable rain jackets. I'm thinking about bringing those instead of ponchos and using them in the restaurants if we need to. I'll need to bring ziplocs then I suppose to stuff the jackets in after rain...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter