• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How crazy does the park(s) get during Christmas parade filming?

yaya74

DIS Veteran
So I just found out from other posts that the Christmas parade filming will be going on while we are there, Nov 2-4. :worried: Bummer... we purposely waited until November to avoid crowds.

Can anyone tell me how "crazy" Disneyland will be during the filming?
Does DCA get filmed too?
My plan is to visit Disneyland on Friday (Nov 2), then DCA on Saturday (Nov 3) to avoid the filming crowd, and go back to Disneyland on Sunday (Nov 4). We won't have park hopper. So need to plan it accordingly.

Any other strategic suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

We have been there during parade fliming - they use main street, the central circle, and flagpole areas. Nothing else seems to be involved. Although the street was a bit crowded, it was easy to move up and down through the shops. I would say, at least for us, there was no effect whatsoever.

It is also a very short time. Don't worry about it.

:artist:

Main Street is a challenge. There are people everywhere. But the rest of the park is fine. The last time I was there for filming, we hit Disneyland in the morning, then moved to DCA in the afternoon. Easy peasy :)

We have been there during parade fliming - they use main street, the central circle, and flagpole areas. Nothing else seems to be involved. Although the street was a bit crowded, it was easy to move up and down through the shops. I would say, at least for us, there was no effect whatsoever.

It is also a very short time. Don't worry about it.

:artist:

That was our experience as well. We were there last year and other than the filming areas ... the rest of the park was quite reasonable as far as crowds go. We just made our way through the shops (Emporium) and came out by coke corner and around the (now) Jolly Holiday bakery area to avoid most of the crowds. I think it will be even less crowded in DL this year with BVS and CL open.

Thank you for posting this question! :) We will he there as well & I was wondering about this.

We have been at both DL and WDW when filming was taking place. Since we are not ones to linger on Main Street - we were not impacted at all. In fact - besides the sign saying they were filming - we never would have noticed.

The Main Street area was very crowded, but if you followed the crowd control directions, it was easy. I think it was harder getting around (between Tomorrowland and the other side of the park) during the filming of One Republic one Sat night. I don't know if they will be filming the New Years eve park on Sat also?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter