How creepy is Forbidden Journey (and everything else?)

There is a 20 second part in MIB where there are aliens in your ride vehicle. But it is pretty campy and it is over so quickly that it takes a couple of rides to realize that is what it is supposed to be as the effects are not all that great.

But, if you think it is going to bother her, just have her close her eyes during that part. Really, if she blinks she won't see it.

OMG! - I have done MIB many times and never once noticed any aliens in my vehicle! What part is that?

Terminator also has real robots on the side that move before the 3d movie.The Terminators are creepy.

If your daughter is scared of creepy things like HM that are supposed to be 'funny scary', then you probably shouldn't even consider Forbidden Journey, UNLESS she's ok with closing her eyes and listening to things. If that's the case *SPOILER ALERT* Tell her to start closing her eyes during the quidditch pitch scene once Harry shouts out 'Dementors!' and have her open them again once Harry says 'Let's Get out of here!'

The spiders are a bit creepy too, and spray you with water. The whomping willow is a cool effect, but could be creepy too. :confused3 The dragon isn't creepy to me at all.

As for Escape from Gringott's, there's a scene with trolls who are stupid and therefore more laughable than creepy. But Bellatrix (a character from the later stories) does show up and scream some curses at you, and as someone mentioned earlier, she may want to close her eyes for a bit when she sees the snake. Other than that, nothing too creepy, it's mostly actiony.

No matter what, remember that it's a vacation, so people should do what makes them happy. The theming in this area is the best I've ever seen (including Disney), so just strolling around with a butterbeer or ice cream is a blast. I was a huge chicken when it came to rides and now I'm a junkie, so I've been on both sides, and know how much it can ruin a day when someone pushes you on to a ride because they 'know you'll like it' and then it's as bad or worse than you expected.

ETA: *MORE SPOILER ALERT* On the Hogwarts express, the ride is different in either direction. One direction has a dementor that comes on the train and walks through the aisle. All you see is the silhouette, but again, could be creepy.

OMG! - I have done MIB many times and never once noticed any aliens in my vehicle! What part is that?

There is a part where you go past a scanner, and it shows you the other vehicle across from you is filled with aliens. Your own car is then instructed to shoot at the red dot above their car to make the aliens spin. On the other side, they see that 'your' car is filled with aliens. But storywise, your car is fine, it's those other guys you gotta look out for ;)

We just got back from Universal...

MIB wasn't creepy. In fact, we rode that the most (due in part to no line).

The Mummy can be a bit scary for some kids. It's fun for those that like coasters though. I think if she closes her eyes, she'd be fine.

The only Harry Potter ride that I would say is creepy is Forbidden Journey. I would definitely show your DD the first few movies before you go, and at least walk through the castle. My DS9 had no desire to go back on FJ. Gringotts was fun, and Dragon Challenge is awesome (definitely go on both sides).

We tend to skip the shows, so I can't comment on those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter