• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How crowded is the week before Christmas?

triplefigs

<marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>
We're planning on Dec 16-22 next year. According to the UoG, the days are 5's and 6's which doesn't sound too bad to me. We went 3 weeks ago (Nov 29- Dec 7) and those days were 4's and 5's on the UoG? Any opinions?

It's pretty stinkin' busy! We just got back from Epcot today and wait times for Test Track topped 100 minutes, Soarin' topped 200 minutes.

It was a bit chilly today so a lot of people left rather earlier than I would have expected. Stick it out till IllumiNations...the new ending for the holidays is jaw-dropping!

DITTO, we've been here since Thurs. & I'm actually looking forward to leaving on Wed. cause it's getting way too crowded for us! I wouldn't come back again this time next year, earlier in the month is much better even though it was more crowded even at that time than last year at that time, the parks are getting way too crazy for our liking.

It was pretty manageable til the weekend and now it's just getting really busy. FP for Soarin wasn't available by noon on Sat or Sun...kinda gives you an idea. You have to get to the park at opening to get any FPs for rides you really want to go on and not spend hours waiting for. We were going to go back to MK in the morning but changed our minds.

Even touring the resorts to check out decorations is busy. We were lucky to have ADR's for our trip especially at dinner, most restaurants are booked.

I don't know how accurate those ratings are. We've visited WDW on days that were supposed to be 8's or even 9's and they weren't as busy as the past few days and we're frequent visitors so I definitely can make the comparison-this is definitely the most crowded we've ever experienced.

I agree with all of the above posters. As far as I can tell from our trip of two weeks ago, all bets are off. Attendance is way up.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I agree also. We got there on the Dec. 10th and it was so crowded, I was told due to Pop Warner. Crowds seemed to go way down by Sunday and Monday. This past Saturday, the crowds were unmanageable for me (and crowds normally don't bother me!). I was never so excited to be coming home! I personally will not go again in December due to the fact of Pop Warner week and that crowds seem to really pick up earlier for the holidays.

We were at MGM today and although it was busy we just really lucked out and walked right into everything we wanted to do. We were at DTD tonight and the only store that was really crowded was the Christmas store. They were having a 30% off sale. Even all the buses were right there when we needed them. We will probably pay for it tomorrow. ;)

We went the 12-16th (a mon to fri visit) to avoid weekends and to go while kids still in school. The crowds were not bad at all. It was definately more crowded than mid Sept, which is when we usually go---but not bad at all! The parks looked empty to us. The longest wait we saw was 20 min. We went to MVMCP on the 13th (tues night) and also not bad at all...I was expecting the worst from what I have read here but was very pleasantly surprised. As we were leaving the GF on Friday however, thing were changing very fast. Lots of people checking in....more than checking out that's for sure. I think our timing was just right!

We will definately be going back same time next year.

We went to MK yesterday for a few hours, and it took at least 10 minutes to get through the security line and the ticket line (about 10:00 a.m.). Main St. wasn't that busy, and the same with Fantasyland, but by 11:30 it was PACKED! We walked back to Main St. and it was busy also.

I literally just walked in the door. I was at WDW Dec 16-21 (Friday -today) . I didn't think it was that bad. MGM on Saturday was totally doable 15 minutes for Rock-n-Rollercoaster about the same for TOT, walked on Star Tours.

Sunday at MK was pretty much walk on.

I must admit yesterday at Epcot was starting to get bad. We walked out of POP, looked at the line for the bus and decided to drive. It was LOOOOONG! The line to get in was long, but by late morning after world showcase opened, the crowds thined out. Got a FP for Soarin' for 2pm at about 10:30.

Went to DTD today at 10 am very managable, but I imagine it got worse after I left! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter