How did 2018 treat you?

It had its ups and downs. Best part was our best trip to Disneyland. Kids had a great time and behaved themselves. It was awesome. We have had a lot of illness. just lots of colds and stomach bugs. Then on Sunday I lost my grandpa. He was 88 and not in good health, but it still sucks. So while 2018 had some great parts, losing my grandpa kind of clouds the whole year.

2018 was good. Its funny my dh and I were talking with our dd the other night and my dh said that life is a sh** cookie with a few nuts sprinkled in. My dd agreed with him and I laughed and said no it's not. Life is how you choose to see it. Even with family members passing and people getting sick, life is still good. We get up, we breathe, we eat, we have a roof over our head, we can go out to eat if we want, we have heat and a/c. We were able to help our kids out, go on vacations. Life is good.

2018 was good. Its funny my dh and I were talking with our dd the other night and my dh said that life is a sh** cookie with a few nuts sprinkled in. My dd agreed with him and I laughed and said no it's not. Life is how you choose to see it.
I think it’s a little of both. My year overal was a **** cookie. Lost my job if 21 years, had a relationship end, was in a hit and run accident and few other ****ty things. But I also found a new job, began a new relationship and for the most part I’m healthy and happy. I didn’t let the ****ty get me too down but not going to look at everything with rose colored glasses either.

Meh...not really the best. Not horrible or anything, but it had some challenges. I'm looking forward to a better year ahead.

Quite well. We enjoyed a lot of family camping time over the summer, bought a new smaller Jayco camper for going other places besides our own property up north, went to Disneyworld in November with my daughter, got new lodge style furniture for our family room in October, and had a wonderful family Christmas at our house with our kids and grandkids and two great granddaughters, one that we didn’t know was ours until recently. :) We were very blessed this past year.

I don't even know what to say, as 2018 was a year of extremes. I started a new job in January, and while I enjoy it and especially the boost in salary, I miss my old job and my kids; I loved teaching in special ed, even if I was just an underpaid para. In April a personal situation arose that has rocked me to my core. I still struggle with it and am not sure what the outcome will be. Then on Thanksgiving, we lost my mother-in-law. She is perhaps the only person (except for my daughter) who has ever loved me unconditionally and completely without judgement, and I miss her deeply every day. On the other hand, my daughter is engaged to be married! That is a huge joy in our lives, and we really, really like the man with whom she's chosen to share her life. She is our "only" so we are doubly grateful that we like him as much as we do, and that they are so good together!

It had its ups and downs...............

Some UPS --- 365 mornings getting up out of bed or couch, bicycling 9,000+ miles on 2 wheels, celebrating our 45th anniversary on an Alaskan cruise

Some DOWNS --- a couple of bicycle crashes, a minor/small CANCER return, plumbing leak somewhere in house slab requiring complete re-plumbing of house.

2017 and 2018 both treated me exceptionally well. I hope the trend continues for 2019 and beyond. I feel blessed! :)

bowl-of-cherries-clipart-1.jpg
carrot-cake-superb.jpg
sundae-1.png
31giHQKGESL.jpg

It started out really awful and just when I thought it was looking up, BAM it got worse. SOme days I dont know why i go on. Really, I Disney helps me keep going. I hope 2019 will be better.

Very rough. Lots of loss in our family. They were elderly so not unexpected but still rough.

Had some health scares but everything turned out ok ( knock on wood)

Have a super loving DH and we’re looking forward to a good 2019 and hopefully a Disney trip.

Mostly great!

The problems were my mom's health/mental health issues that began in spring and really got bad August/September but now she is so much better. And September was rough socially for DD17 but that has faded away too and she is now enjoying senior year.

Other than that, we had a fantastic WDW trip, DD20 is doing great at cc, DD17 had a fun summer working at camp, DH's business doing well, my job too, both girls are in love :cloud9: it's been fun.

I think it’s a little of both. My year overal was a **** cookie. Lost my job if 21 years, had a relationship end, was in a hit and run accident and few other ****ty things. But I also found a new job, began a new relationship and for the most part I’m healthy and happy. I didn’t let the ****ty get me too down but not going to look at everything with rose colored glasses either.

I don't view life through rose colored glasses. I choose to be positive though. I can acknowledge that some things in life suck. I can say there are days I don't want to get up in the morning BUT I wake up each day and I have every thing I need to make it to the next day and so on. That to me means life is pretty good.

2018 was one of the worst years of my life. The hits started in March and just kept coming. Since mid-October, when everything really hit the fan, I've gone exactly zero days without crying. Heading into 2019 with things still unresolved, and on my last shred of hope that it will get better. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and hoping things turn around somehow.

2018 was a really good year for us. Everyone is happy and healthy, our youngest DD is doing great in high school, and we were able to travel quite a bit. If 2019 is the same, I'll be thrilled.

After several years of no real complaints, I felt like I was due for a bad year, and boy, was I right. I'm hoping for a better year this year, but yesterday was given some not-so-great news, but it's more of a continuation of something we knew from late last year... hoping that's the worst it gets.

2018 did have some good memories, as it was the last year I had with my Mom. She passed away on December 12th. She had 3 rounds of non hodgkins lymphoma and beat it 3 times. She was preparing for a stem cell transplant when she developed fungal pneumonia. She didn't have the immune system to fight it off. My Mom was 58. This comes on top of the last few years of losing close loved ones (my Grandma and 2 aunts included.) Hoping 2019 will bring us some better memories and peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter