How did I miss the Dole Whip? what other favorites did I miss?

Thanks for that ! Now I know exactly where to go to find it !
Does DCA park have Dole whip anywhere. How about any of the resorts ?

Funny, when we are in WDW, we will often take a trip to the Polynesian(if we are not staying at the Poly) for Dole Whip "ice cream" because they have a self serve machine at Capt. Cook's. :goodvibes

Syndrome

I don't think they're anywhere else, not in DCA or the resorts. That's why it gets such a line. :)

Just an FYI - I just found an ice cream shop in Palm Springs, CA that sells Dole Whip...and where I can get my DW fix in between visits! Not a fake imitation, the REAL thing! (I was skeptical until I tried it for myself) If you happen to ever be in the vicinity - Lappert's Ice Cream on Hwy. 111 ; P

Last year I shared a Dole Whip with my mom, since I knew a whole one would be too much for her. She can't eat much pineapple or she will get a sore tongue. She didn't think she would like it but she did. Also found out DL does not have the pineapple/vanilla twist.

I finally tried a churro (my mom bought it) and we both said no to that one. What a mess sugar falling all over you. We both will be skipping them this year.

Count me in on the list of non-fans of the Dole Whip:eek:

I am going to try a Tigger Tail tomorrow. Already had my corn dog, fried pickles, Pommes Frites, the Monte Cristo, and my Ghirardelli fix twice. I might have to go back for some more fried pickles. They are so good.:thumbsup2

I also have to get my chocolate chip/peanut butter cookies from Marcelines or Trolley Treats. I wanted some of the flavored marshmallow treats from Trolley Treats, but one of the CM's told me they discontinued them in February. Why, why?!!!:sad1:

Wait..........WHAT ??? :faint: :faint: :faint:

May have to rethink this DL trip now ! :lmao:

Syndrome

I know crazy right! I haven't ever had the twist because the full pineapple Dole Whip is so good I couldn't chance messing it up. But last year I wanted to share with my mom and I know pineapple bothers her mouth so I thought the twist would cut down on the pineapple.

If you haven't tried the Fudge Mallow squares, from the Candy Palace on Main Street--I highly recommend them:thumbsup2!(Actually slobbering just thinking of them)!

They come two squares in a package--one to eat right away, and one to eat five minutes later;)!

Pommes Frites @ Cafe Orleans
Salmon Sandwich @ Cafe Orleans
Gingerbread Beignets @ Cafe Orleans (seasonal)
Peppermint Ice Cream @ Gibson Girl (seasonal?)
Egg Nog Marshmallows @ Clarabelle's DCA (seasonal)
Churros Bites w/Cinnamon Chocolate Sauce @ Cozy Cone Motel

I realize there's much I still have to try!

:santa:

My favs so far, haven't tried everything yet...

Dole Whip float, yummy

Jalepeno Mickey pretzel stuffed with cheese, so good!

Churros of course.

Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans

Monte Christo - meat in a donut, as our waiter called it. Delish!

Corn dogs are a must have! My DH says they are the best of all corndogs.

Warm caramel corn. My DH walked up with it, don't know where it came from. Sadly he had to get on the Ferris wheel with DD and I had to hold it for him. He was actually surprised it was gone when he got back. :confused:

The candy store on Main Street, a huge peanut butter and chocolate graham square. It literally took me two days to eat it. Very yummy!

The Paradise Garden Grill has yummy, fresh, somewhat healthy tasting food. I had the beef Gyro and it was delish!

I can't wait to go back and find some new favorites! :)

This sounds good. Is it just a marshmallow flavored like egg nog? Is it available as early as October, or only during the Christmas season?

Yes...Marshmallow flavored like egg nog --- I even pick up some (slight) nutmeg in the flavor. The sweetness isn't too cloying, either (still, it is a marshmallow!). I don't know when they start selling them, but I've always had them in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. I hope you're able to try one!

The CM I talked to the other day told me they discontinued the flavored marshmallows. She said they weren't coming back. I hope this isn't true. The egg nog flavored ones were really good.

If you haven't tried the Fudge Mallow squares, from the Candy Palace on Main Street--I highly recommend them:thumbsup2!(Actually slobbering just thinking of them)!

They come two squares in a package--one to eat right away, and one to eat five minutes later;)!

Oh yeah! These are SO good! I'm right with you on five minutes later lol. I don't care if it causes sugar overload--- GET IN MEH BELLEH! *nom nommm* popcorn:: << (me eating up bags of Fudge Mallow squares)

I'm a huge Dole Whip fan. Pineapple is my favorite fruit. Mmmmm I'll have to get one when I'm at DL tomorrow.

The dole whip float is awesome. I also love the gumbo, Pommes Frites, Beignets at cafe orleans. And my favorite of all, the corn dogs at that little hut at the end of main street in DL. They are heaven on a stick!

When I go next month I'm going to try the bumble bee cupcake that I learned about here!:woohoo:

What is a firecracker duck wing? Where are they? DH will want some.

In scanning this thread I don't think anyone answered this question (forgive me if someone did and I am repeating). The Firecracker Duck Wings are an appetizer at the Carthay Circle Theater restaurant in DCA.

As for my treats not to miss, I would say vanilla soft serve at the Cozy Cone and the bumble bee cupcake at Hungry Bear (and of course English toffee at the Candy Palace)

The CM I talked to the other day told me they discontinued the flavored marshmallows. She said they weren't coming back. I hope this isn't true. The egg nog flavored ones were really good.

I would definitely miss those eggnog marshmallows! Luckily, w/Disney, there are treats around every corner, especially during the holidays!

BTW, here's what the Disney Parks Blog calls some of its "secret finds": http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/secret-finds-worth-sharing-at-disneyland-resort/

For some reason, while the carnitas burger feels a bit over the top for me, the FRIED PICKLES look very intriguing. That's scary, I know.

I would definitely miss those eggnog marshmallows! Luckily, w/Disney, there are treats around every corner, especially during the holidays!

BTW, here's what the Disney Parks Blog calls some of its "secret finds": http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/secret-finds-worth-sharing-at-disneyland-resort/

For some reason, while the carnitas burger feels a bit over the top for me, the FRIED PICKLES look very intriguing. That's scary, I know.

The fried pickles are awesome, a friend persuaded me to try them last trip. My favorite treats are Dole Whips, churros and Tigger Tails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter