How Did San Francisco Surpass Orlando?

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
Yesterday's USA Today said that the No. 1 tourist city in the United States was San Francisco, followed by Charlotte I think. How can that be? I thought that Disney World was the No. 1 tourist destination and, as you all know, that is no where near San Francisco.

Wow I don't know where they got San Fran as the top destination as these are the numbers I got from the cities visitor and convention bureaus.

1.Los Angeles 58.6 million
2.Orlando 47.8 million
3.New York 44 million
4.Chicago 41.3 million
5.Las Vegas 38.9 million
6.Atlanta 37 million
7.Washington 36.9 million
8.San Diego 32.2 million
9.Houston 31 million
10.Dallas 22.3 million

Since San Francisco didn't show up in the top 10 on this list I looked it up myself on their Visitor and convention bureau site and it showed San Francisco with 16.1 million visitors.I found this number incredibly low as I can't believe there are more visitors to Dallas than San Francisco as it's one of my favorite places.I definitely knew they weren't getting more visitors than Orlando,even though Orlando's numbers have dropped a bit in the last 3 years or so.

http://www.sfcvb.org/research/

I'm thinking the USA today had San Francisco rated as the visitor's favorite but not in numbers of visitors.

Wow I don't know where they got those numbers as these are the numbers I got from the cities visitor and convention bureaus.

1.Los Angeles 58.6 million
2.Orlando 47.8 million
3.New York 44 million
4.Chicago 41.3 million
5.Las Vegas 38.9 million
6.Atlanta 37 million
7.Washington 36.9 million
8.San Diego 32.2 million
9.Houston 31 million
10.Dallas 22.3 million

Since San Francisco didn't show up in the top 10 on this list I looked it up myself on their Visitor and convention bureau site and it showed San Francisco with 16.1 million visitors.I found this number incredibly low as I can't believe there are more visitors to Dallas than San Francisco as it's one of my favorite places.I definitely knew they weren't getting more visitors than Orlando,even though Orlando's numbers have dropped a bit in the last 3 years or so.

http://www.sfcvb.org/research/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter