how did you find your job

ad in the newspaper when I wasn't really looking very hard for a job, I sent a resume in, they called me for an interview, and I got hired :D

Most all my jobs but one I got through people I knew, personal references. Most of the time I wasn't looking for a new job (or in the case of my first job, A job) but someone who knew me knew someone who needed to fill a position and insisted I just go meet with them and talk. And each time that happened I walked out of the casual meeting with a solid offer...strange but true.

The only job I didn't get this way was through an agency. It was an okay job and I was able to grow it into a great job.

I happened to be a crossroads in my life, when the kids are old enough not to need daycare, and DH making enough that we can survive if I get soem training, but after being a stay-at-home mom for so long, I had no idea what to do. I saw a piece of property near us that was for sale. So on my way from grocery shopping one day, I stopped in the Real Estate office to see what tehy wanted for it. Office was super busy. Spoke to the Dad of one of DH's Boy Scoutswho is an agent there and he said they were short handed. I said, how hard is it to get licensed? Next thing I know , I'm in a meeting with the broker, ( me,shorts, tank top and pony tailed, looking real professional!) and enrolled in classes a moth later. the rest is history! Lesson: try not to dress terrible so often....never know what's around the next corner!

I've had a couple through agencies. But my best jobs have always been through friends that recommended me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter