• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"How did you get so skinny?"

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
These are the very words a friend I hadn't seen since before summer said to me yesterday! Although I am no where near skinny, it was great hearing the words, it was such a boost to my ego. And today I was getting fitted for the fashion show DH and I are in and although most of the clothes were size 14, they did select a pair of size 12 Tommy Hilfiger jeans and they fit and I get to wear them in the show. I almost wanted to cry because I haven't worn a size 12 since I was in 11th grade and that was 20 years ago. I told the fitter that this time last year I was wearing a size 22 and she just couldn't believe it (sometimes I can't believe it).

I just had to share, this has been such a GREAT weekend!! Helps to keep you motivated when you see and hear things like this. Onward and downward!

How wonderful. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your moments on the runway. You deserve to be in the spotlight for your job well done!

That must have felt great! I hope you enjoy the fashion show. :)

How fabulous for you:bounce: :Pinkbounc
I can't wait for a 12:earseek: I also was a 20, am now in a 14 and feeling a little baggy in the butt:crazy:
Enjoy your fashion show and strut a little for all of us:p

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:
Peg

What a great experience and what a great accomplishment! I am so impressed that you've gone from size 22s to size 14s/12s in a year! Congratulations and show off that gorgeous body at the fashion show! Any chance of us seeing pictures of you on the runway??

Good for you! Wow, size 12! I haven't seen 12s since my twenties. Right now I'm in a sixteen but hopfully I will see a 12 again someday!

Post pictures of your day on the runway!

I just wanted to give you a big {{{HUG}}} for your accomplishment! That is fabulous! I'm looking forward to fitting into my old dress that is from Talbots that is a 12. I bought it several years ago and it is a classic style, so it will still be wearable when I get there.

WOWZERS! That is TERRIFIC! I hope you got some pics in those runway clothes --- I'd love to see them!:tongue:

Originally posted by DoeWDW
Any chance of us seeing pictures of you on the runway??

DH and I are both in the show and DS (7) is too little to take pictures, so I am trying to get a friend to do it for me. The show is on Saturday, if I get any pictures I will be sure to post them so you all can see.

Standing in the front row APPLAUDING and MORE APPLAUDING !!! (and actually I am a tad misty eyed) I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you!!! You have been so faithful and your journey has brought me a smile, a laugh and a thanks for being there when I needed my WISH friends. A model - WOO HOO !!!!

P. S. I have tried on some Tommy stuff now and again and I think they run on the smaller side of sizes - JMHO - but I think you are looking so good!!

And yes, pictures we need them - grab anyone who will do the honors!

We'll be at WDW on Sat but I will make sure that we are thinking of you sometime during the day and WISHing that you will be the smashing success that we all know you will be

Hugs and go get em - maybe even just a "little" strutting is called for, too ;)

You'd better have someone take pictures for you to post, Tiggerlover!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you in those size 12 jeans!!!!

You are just getting closer and closer to goal - I am so proud of you!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter