• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how did you pack your diapers and wipes?

my3sonstx

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
We leave in 19 days:banana: and I am starting to think about packing. I have a two year old and need to pack diapers, wipes, and swim diapers. I think this is going to take up alot of room in the suit case. Did y'all pack this stuff or ship it??

When I travelled with little ones I packed the package of diapers in my suitcase. this left room for souveniers on the way home. even if I thought I would only need 3/4 of a pkg I packed the whole thing cause it is nice and compressed that way.

Our first trip I packed diapers for two kids (2 and 1 at time of trip)! I packed each of them a "sleave" of diapers, not opened to keep them smooshed and small. Then I packed a soft bag of unopened wipes (you know, the refill kind). I didn't worry about packing the hard plastic container they fit into. And I fit it all into our two pieces of luggage for the 5 of us!

We drove down so I just took a full pack for both of them. In December we will be flying and thankfully one is potty trained now, but I will probably send a box over early with things that we will need, but cant fly with (or dont have room to). Our suitcases will be packed w/ clothes for warm weather, and then cold weather (because we are also going to Nashville, TN after disney), so not a lot of room for a pack of diapers.

I pack what we need for the first day and night. I order the rest from Garden Grocer and have it delivered the day we arrive. If I can guess correctly I only have a few diapers to bring home with me!
I also get bottled water, packaged snacks, and a couple of bottles of wine. Much cheaper than buying these items at the resort, and so much better than filling the suitcase!
You can make your whole Garden Grocer order online, and it will be waiting for you at Bell Services at your resort when you arrive. Just call and they'll deliver it- or save the tip money and send your husband to go pick it up!:thumbsup2

-Sarah

I packed a pack of diapers and 2 of the refillables wipes. One was for the the carry on and one for the suitcase. I also made sure I had atleast 10 diapers in the diaper bag. She was three months old and we flew from Mass. We had 4 carry ons (between the 2 adults) and 2 suitcases, 1 stroller and a carseat with base...One suitcase had the bumbo seat, his clothes and some of hers, the other had my clothes, the diapers and the rest of her clothes. The necessities were split between the 2 bags and 2 of our carry ons were for her.

when I had 2 in diapers I packed a duffle with their diapers/wipes/blankets and that was the designated souvenir bag for the way home. This past trip I just had wegoshop pick up diapers when they were getting the rest of our order. Worked out really well to not have to bring a big pack with us.

When I travelled with little ones I packed the package of diapers in my suitcase. this left room for souveniers on the way home. even if I thought I would only need 3/4 of a pkg I packed the whole thing cause it is nice and compressed that way.

I agree, that just what we do. What goes to disney, must be bought at disney.. Your gonna need space from the shopping. And it is soooo much better to have extra diapers than be without!

We usually have a car with us and stop at the store beforehand so that I only have to take enough diapers and wipes for the plane ride (plus one or two just in case). We try to travel really light so a pack of diapers (or even a sleeve) takes up too much room

Like several of the PP's, I packed them in a suitcase and used that space on the way home for things we bought.
Used the refillable wipes and took a ziploc bag along to put them in once the package was opened.

I shipped ours down before we left and then packed 5 or 6 in the suitcase in case the package didn't get there right away. If you choose this route make sure you send it so that you have a several day cushion in case it arrives late. When we got there we just told them at check in we had a package shipped down and it was in our room before we were.

when I had 2 in diapers I packed a duffle with their diapers/wipes/blankets and that was the designated souvenir bag for the way home. This past trip I just had wegoshop pick up diapers when they were getting the rest of our order. Worked out really well to not have to bring a big pack with us.

same here for our trips

We added diapers to our grocery order with wegoshop.com. If you're not planning on buying other groceries, you could buy a couple of packs of diapers at the resort store - it'll cost more than buying them at home, but you wouldn't have to worry about finding room for them on the way there.

we added diapers to our grocery order too. in the two weeks between ordering and going my son toilet trained..(actually mostly at disney what a nightmare) so in the end we gave the bag of diapers to another family.

gardengrocer.com They deliver directly to the resorts. We also got all kinds of snack foods and breakfast stuff that DD likes and is used to like grapes, raisins, cheerios, goldfish, little fruit bowls, orange juice and bottled water for ourselves. We've used them 2 trips and both times everything was waiting for us at the hotel when we got there. It was great.

This is a great question. We're taking our 1 year-old DD to WDW for the first time in June and I'm trying to limit how much we have to pack and haul on the plane with us.

My mom's suggestion was to leave everything at home and just buy all new stuff at WDW. While that would have sounded like the best idea ever when I was 10, it's not all that practical now that I'm the mommy! I can't imagine what it would cost to buy all new clothes for me, DD, and DH for an 11 day trip!

I've been considering gardengrocer for baby food and water - I'll have to look at adding wipes and diapers to my list!

Thanks!

JenniVamp

With the exception a few for the plane, I didn't pack any at all. I ordered them through gardengrocer.com, in addition to some other stuff like soda and cereal. It worked out great for us. Everything was at the resort when we arrived.

We've done it about every way possible. We fly and drive.

Driving: We buy the diapers by the box and would take one sleeve (any legneth of trip) of the 2 in the other 1/2 of the box pack all the baby food, dry snacks, etc since heh box has handles makes it tons easier to lug around. We'd pack whatever left over food and extras in the box for the drive home then recylce the box on garbage day.

Flying:
1. before they charged for every Kleenex you brought onboard I would use the extra car seat we had to check thru for the 'lap child' and strap in the pack of diapers and then bag the car seat in a car seat travel bag. I still do this but now pack running gear, or whatever into the car seat. There is no charge for the bag since it is technically a car seat as long as it's under the 50lb mark on any airline.

2. Ordered them thru wegoshop.com this has been fine as well

3. Picked them up at Publix using coupons I bring from home (least favorite but there have been times we had to buy more)

4. Favorite-diapers.com we love that you can wait to order them until 3 days out track the shipment and there's tons of codes for $ off. You check in and they are waiting for you. I also order each child a Foogo for the parks and bring those home we can always use extras anyway, our kids are huge water drinkers. I order all our formlua thru them as well. You can get the 20% free cans from their site any extra formula I double bag up in ziploc gal bags and pour into the can when we get home.

For the flight I put them in nighttime diapers I have been stuck trying to fully do an outfit change on each child as a baby after leaking in our seats, good times :rotfl2: They drink more on the flight to keep ears clear and it has to go somewhere. I loathe changing in the glorified pot-o-let in flight. I've done it but there's something about your infant hovering over a blue liquid filled vaccuming hole that makes me gag. So I wait till we're minutes from boarding and do the last change then run for a change as soon as we deplane. Our flights typically run 2-2.5 hours max. I do take on extra clothes, just incase and travel with appox 10 diapers between carry-ons to make it thru travel and most of the 1st day in the off chance our diapers aren't wating for us tho that hasn't happened yet.

I pack the diapers in my suitcases but take them out of the package and then fit however many wherever there is extra space. I just fill all the extra nooks and crannies with some diapers and it doesn't seem to take up as much room that way. I also put them in the outside pockets of bags where I can't fit anything bulky. Otherwise, I would probably never used the outside areas of my suitcases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter