How did your love for all things Disney start?

When I was born, my parent's lived in an apartment that was literally of walking distance from Disneyland, so they used to go there all the time. That- and my bedroom was Disney themed when I was a baby. My baby blanket is even disney- it has baby Minnie, Mickey and Pluto on it. :goodvibes

I have that blanket too!
Or at least a blanket extremely similar, you know?!

I think I really got hooked on Disney at about age 14. Although I had been to WDW about every 5 years when we were younger, we started going to DLRP and I just absolutely loved it. I started going on the disboards, and finding out more about everything Disney on the internet. Since we have been going to WDW over the past few years - I just love everything Disney - especially the parks, films and Disney Channel. :) It has just made me so happy. :) I am hoping to work at a Disney park. :)

It probably started when I was really young. I have so many of the Disney classic movies and that was all I watched when I was younger. An obsession to Toy Story when I was 3ish that lasted several years kept me into Disney until we got Disney Channel. Finally last year I started getting WDW books and my parents told me to plan a trip. Through planning I found Dis, which can help firm up any love for Disney, and my first trip to WDW sealed it. Now I'm constantly bugging my parents to bring us back because I'm in love with it. I can't imagine life without Disney and I'm hoping to work there in college and maybe after too...

My parents met while working at Disney together so they've always had their connection to Disney. When I was little, they used to take me all the time. I'm still able to go and I still love it. :)

well i guess it would start while my mom was pregnant with me, her honeymoon was to disney, my first word...minnie, my first trip to disney was when i was like four going on five. went every year since i was 14 and sometimes twice a year now its like every other year. my mom married my step dad in disney world at the poly. the next year we stayed at the poly and fell in love with it. i would like to take my bf to experince the whole disney magic thing but i think we will wait till we are 21 so we can drink around the countries. i really want to do the whole behind the scenes thing, i have danced in disney four times. that was neat.

i was going to disney 4 months before i was born, and have been going ever since. that was my time with mom. she worked all the time. we didnt go shopping, or to the movies, or camping, or to the park. we went to disney. that was my time with mom, so its so special to me because of that. disney is my heart and will never leave. :3 -cheese-

I have gone ever since I was three. And now that I am old enough to ride all those rides, I have been hooked ever since. There are also the challenges at disney that I love to try and beat.:cool1:

I was pretty neutral about Disney until DIS. Then, I started to love it and now we go all the time. It went from once, to five years later, to every other year, to every year, to twice a year, and becoming a DVC member, then an AP holder...and now an obsessed Disney lover! ;D

:thumbsup2 Great idea for a thread!

I guess what made me fall in love with everything Disney was just the first time I watched Cinderella. I was five, and it just made me want to be a princess, and it made me want to believe in fairy tales. :cloud9:

That and the first time I went to Disney World. It was just magical. It made me believe that anything is possible. It made me believe that dreams really do come true. And that was it. I was hooked, and forever more a Disney Addict. :lovestruc

Yeah, I'm another one that got brainwashed by my parents. My mom grew up in Anaheim and at DLR, and my first trip there was at 18 months old. Other than that, I swear we had the most extensive collection of Disney movies. In 2000, I went to WDW for the first time, and was hooked. We've been going back ever since.

I'm particularly in a Disney mood now, which is sad, because I won't be going back any time soon.

:thumbsup2 Great idea for a thread!

I guess what made me fall in love with everything Disney was just the first time I watched Cinderella. I was five, and it just made me want to be a princess, and it made me want to believe in fairy tales. :cloud9:

That and the first time I went to Disney World. It was just magical. It made me believe that anything is possible. It made me believe that dreams really do come true. And that was it. I was hooked, and forever more a Disney Addict. :lovestruc

thnx! xD
i can honestly say tht reading all these great stories has put a smile on my face :)

Ever since I was born, I guess. Most of the movies I remember watching were Disney, I had a Lion King obsession for a while. My first trip to WDW wasn't until I was 2, though.

i watched disney movies all the time
i had an esmeralda halloween cotume and whenver i watched the hunchback of notre dame, i'd get on the costume and dance along to the dancing scene at the fiest of fools

as i got older i started watching less like most people do lol but last year my cousins and i felt like watching the little mermaid which made us want to watch all the other disney movies and bam, i got hooked again :]

My parents went for their honeymoon.
I've been going since I was 1.
Usually 1-2 times a year.
17th trip will be in 5 days! :)
I was brainwashed with disney as a child.
I'm only 14 and 16 trips so far! and the next 4 are in planning

It didn't really 'start'.
My dad hates it but my mom likes it. Mostly my sister and I are the Disney addicts.
My first movie in theaters was Hercules :goodvibes
My birthdays were always themed around it [Hunchback, Pocohontas, etc..]

well i've been going to disney world every year since kindergarden .
but not this year D:

i LOVE classic disney movies , i get so wrapped up in the magic every time :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter