How difficult is it renting points 11 months out for a standard view studio at the Poly or BLT in early December?

From those charts you posted it looks like we would be better off going the 1st two weeks of November instead. It looks far easier to rent points then but how are the crowds in comparison to the 1st two weeks in December? And let me say thanks for all of the info you and the others have provided. It is greatly apricated.

Not for a lot of locations because starting with the first weekend it's the Wine and Dine race weekend. Then Jersey week starts and there's Veterans day thrown in - all on top of Food and Wine festival and the start of the Christmas season at WDW. And it's already available for booking so a little behind the curve. BLT standard view studios are always difficult. PVB not so bad. Riviera is an unknown but I'd expect it to book up quickly during the busy times too.

You also have to consider that renting has two components: unit availability, and an owner with points on offer. All of fall is hard for that matter, and availability often fades for units before therenter procures a points owner to book the unit.

Just figured I would mention this in case it helps... I think there is a large discount for cash rooms at Riviera using a Chase Disney Rewards card. Maybe that can work for you?

I'll will just roll the dice and put in for what we want in early November and if it doesn't work out we'll go to Tokyo Disneyland instead. Trip planning for Tokyo is painless compared to WDW. But thank you all for your advice. I greatly appreciate it.

I would not mind going with a private party but my vacations days off work are not completely known at 11 months out. I will get the days I want off work with a 80-90% likelihood but since its not 100% I want to go with the renting business that offers insurance for a fee so I cancel if I find out later in the year that I cannot get the time off of work.

I feel like you can discuss with an owner and ask flexibility. If points aren’t expiring seems reasonable depending on when you find out- if it’s 8 months out or 2 months out it’s a big difference. Especially if you’d pay/forfeit $1.9 per point if you do cancel at say 8 months in example

anyway just food for thought!

Wow...people be walkin' some studios this year...this thread just made me look.

Wish DIS had a way of stopping that. So uncool.

The first two weeks of December are the highest DVC demand of the year, it should be noted. Many renters do not know that.

Why are the first 2 weeks of December the highest DVC demand of the year? I would think it would be tough for families with kids in school but I get the appeal of the holiday decorations. Has there been any work done or is there a thread that has the average demand broken out by time of year anywhere?

Why are the first 2 weeks of December the highest DVC demand of the year? I would think it would be tough for families with kids in school but I get the appeal of the holiday decorations. Has there been any work done or is there a thread that has the average demand broken out by time of year anywhere?

It is so busy because it has the lowest points. However, they have now changed things with the 2021 point charts and it looks like they have begun to adjust this to match demand,

Thanks - that makes sense. If the demand is that high the points are too low!

Demand is high because points are low, no hurricanes, DVC annual meeting, MCMCP, decorations, crowds are not terrible

Not December yet. That is what probably is coming next in the 2022 points chart :(

Didn’t some of Dec change for 2021? There is no longer a split. All the WDW resorts have the same points requirements from Dec 1 to 23rd, instead of December 1 to 14 being cheaper and Dec 15 to 23 being slightly higher.

ETA: Slight changes for BWV and RIV, at least,,,points now for the first two weeks are the same/similar to the 2020 charts for Dec 15 to 23rd.

Always keep in mind that DVC is a long term purchase. We bought when our kids were young, but the are adults now...no school worries. There were really only ten years or so where school schedules were a big factor in planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter