How do AP's work when you are not from Florida, but someone else is?

agame2323

DIS Veteran
Long story short... my sister lives in Tampa and is interested in attending HHN's with us. We live (friends and family) live out of state. My sister (out the goodness of her heart) has offered to buy US tickets for all of us (5). I told he I didn't know if she was able since we don't live in FL but she seems to think it's okay. Any thoughts?

No clue how it works at Universal but you can't do it at Disney unless each adult has proof of FL residency. Proof is considered an ID, bank statement, electric or water bill, among a few others. Definitely make sure so she doesn't spend all that money and then everyone is denied entry.

You can do that
The person that has the AP must order the tickets

Fl and Ga residents get the same discounts

On my tickets it states Flo tickets and I'm in Ga

I have bought tickets before for family thru the AP site
I can buy up to 5 on each order

You can do that
The person that has the AP must order the tickets

Fl and Ga residents get the same discounts

On my tickets it states Flo tickets and I'm in Ga

I have bought tickets before for family thru the AP site
I can buy up to 5 on each order
I think they're trying to buy Florida Resident APs not regular tickets. Maybe I misunderstood though.

If it's the tickets then yes, you can buy multiday tickets under the AP for all the family no problem.
** edit and HHN tickets. She can also buy up to 6 I think for you all.

For FL resident APs I don't think it'll work. I've tried and not had the same luck as you Mac. My sister was not allowed to buy a FL res AP 2 years ago at the ticket window. I have also called three times and they will not issue a FL resident AP for my friends GA address.

We have never bought the AP as FL resident online and tried to pick up in park though.

Last edited:
Your subject line says annual pass, your question is about tickets. I'm going with APs being the admission in question.

Just in case you don't know, out of state people can buy APs, too! (we can even do flexpay)

The difference between the resident vs out of state APs isn't huge IMO. $25 more for power pass, $35 for Preferred, $50 for Premium (plus tax).

Your subject line says annual pass, your question is about tickets. I'm going with APs being the admission in question.

Just in case you don't know, out of state people can buy APs, too! (we can even do flexpay)

The difference between the resident vs out of state APs isn't huge IMO. $25 more for power pass, $35 for Preferred, $50 for Premium (plus tax).

i get what you are saying.

the question that was asked, i was thinking along the line that the floridian had the ap and wanted to buy tickets on the ap line.

the tickets will show FLO on the back of the ticket of anyone in Florida or Georgia that buys them.

to buy an AP for the 5, the price would be based on the regular rate, not the FLO rate.

yea, title is ap but question was on tickets.
i do the same thing on my posts.
so i was guessing it was if the sister who has the AP could buy discounted park tickets for them.

Tiny, i had no problem at all getting my AP renewed with the GA address at the FLO rate.
last year i was with others from Ga and the back of their tickets showed FLO
did you call the ap hotline?
that is the route i used to do my tickets.

they pulled the FLO room rate from the Ga residents but tickets are still allowed.

I'm sorry for confusing everyone. My sister isn't a AP holder (at least not to my knowledge)

She mentioned that because she is a FL resident she could buy tickets at a cheaper price. That's really all I was trying to determine. I don't know anything about AP. I just wanted to know if someone from FL could by tickets at a cheaper price for people out of state.

Thanks guys!

yes, she can buy the park tickets with the FLO discount.
no problem
Sure would be nice if Disney allowed that! All of my family lives in FL, yet we are the only ones who visit any of the Orlando theme parks and we are 900 miles away. Oh the money I would've saved over the years...

Sure would be nice if Disney allowed that! All of my family lives in FL, yet we are the only ones who visit any of the Orlando theme parks and we are 900 miles away. Oh the money I would've saved over the years...

Seriously. My brother lives in SoCal inside the zip code zone for cheaper tickets, and my aunt and cousin+family live in Florida.

i get what you are saying.

the question that was asked, i was thinking along the line that the floridian had the ap and wanted to buy tickets on the ap line.

the tickets will show FLO on the back of the ticket of anyone in Florida or Georgia that buys them.

to buy an AP for the 5, the price would be based on the regular rate, not the FLO rate.

yea, title is ap but question was on tickets.
i do the same thing on my posts.
so i was guessing it was if the sister who has the AP could buy discounted park tickets for them.

Tiny, l had no problem at all getting my AP renewed with the GA address at the FLO rate.
last year i was with others from Ga and the back of their tickets showed FLO
did you call the ap hotline?
that is the route i used to do my tickets.

they pulled the FLO room rate from the Ga residents but tickets are still allowed.
Think you meant me not tink. But yes I called the Ap hotline. One of them told me my best bet was just to try when we got there... But I don't want to waste my time at the ticket window.

I even fibbed a bit and asked one what they do for college kids who still have their state residency but live in Florida for school. Said had to have a state issue license. Obviously I don't have that week convincing voice like you.

Disney has much more lax requirements for getting Florida tickets. My sister only needs to show a bill or bank statement with her name on it to a Florida address. She sends her credit card bill (that she gets exclusively online) to my parents house. TADA, Florida Disney ticket. Once she proved it as long as she renews she never has to prove again. It is confusing sometimes when she goes to buy something on that card.... It's different than all her other addresses. To be fair I am a Florida resident and so are my parents. Our home in GA where she lives is only 25 miles from the line...

Disney has much more lax requirements for getting Florida tickets. My sister only needs to show a bill or bank statement with her name on it to a Florida address. She sends her credit card bill (that she gets exclusively online) to my parents house. TADA, Florida Disney ticket. Once she proved it as long as she renews she never has to prove again. It is confusing sometimes when she goes to buy something on that card.... It's different than all her other addresses. To be fair I am a Florida resident and so are my parents. Our home in GA where she lives is only 25 miles from the line...

Hi tinydancer would you happen to know if a person can get Florida resident Universal tickets without a picture ID but I do have proof with banking statements with a Florida address just like Disney require?

Hi tinydancer would you happen to know if a person can get Florida resident Universal tickets without a picture ID but I do have proof with banking statements with a Florida address just like Disney require?

You have to show a Florida ID or Florida drivers license to get your Universal Florida resident discount tickets.

You can purchase them on line or over phone and they will email you a paper confirmation numbers which you have to present at ticket window with your Florida ID to get your Florida resident discount card tickets.

You have to designate if you are buying adult or child tickets. Those under the age of 18 would not have to show ID. Technically the Florida resident could get the resident discount on the minor tickets, but not the nonresident adult tickets.

Also the Florida resident who purchased the tickets has to be present to get the tickets they purchased with their ID and the credit card they purchased them with.

Hope this helps pixiedust:

I'm sorry for confusing everyone. My sister isn't a AP holder (at least not to my knowledge)

She mentioned that because she is a FL resident she could buy tickets at a cheaper price. That's really all I was trying to determine. I don't know anything about AP. I just wanted to know if someone from FL could by tickets at a cheaper price for people out of state.

Thanks guys!

Any AP holder can get discount tickets. The AP discount is nice. If I'am not mistaken the AP holder can get 15 % discount on ticket prices. I think with the discount the 4 day park to park is $ 234.00 and a 14 day park to park with Wet Wild is $ 243.00 that is a deal.

As Mac stated above the AP holder can purchase up to 5-6 discounted tickets.

Last edited:
To get discounted Florida Resident Annual Pass you would have to show Florida ID or Florida drivers license. Georgia has been included in these passes.

So I hope the above helped clarify what was being discussed.

Actually three different things

1. Florida Resident discount.
2. Annual Pass Holder discount.
3. And getting discount on the purchase of Florida and Georgia resident Annual Pass.

I 100% agree with @Robo56 's reply to this question.
Any AP holder can get discount tickets. The AP discount is nice. If I'am not mistaken the AP holder can get 15 % discount on ticket prices. I think with the discount the 4 day park to park is $ 234.00 and a 14 day park to park with Wet Wild is $ 243.00 that is a deal.

As Mac stated above the AP holder can purchase up to 5-6 discounted tickets.
10% with power pass and 15% with the other two. It's honestly not that much different thank purchasing ahead of time online with the $20 savings. Do the math though.
To get discounted Florida Resident Annual Pass you would have to show Florida ID or Florida drivers license. Georgia has been included in these passes.
I'm going to have to try again. Maybe I'm just going to have to take one of you with me and make the ticket people do it for my people!!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter