• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I bake DH a birthday cake if there's no flour to be found in any store?

If you have room for extra, try restaurant supply stores. There's no flour on regular store shelves in my town, but I was able to get flour, rice, and dry beans at smart foodservice.

Our store had no wheat flour but had almond flour, so I made yummy cupcakes with it. I also second the vote for flourless chocolate cake which I make even when I have flour!

Have you looked for cake flour? Ive found its not in as high demand & makes lighter, fluffier cakes anyway imo

Here it seems to be sugar too! Had to go to 3 different stores to find white sugar, that's only because they were stocking the sugar shelf as I was walking by that aisle.

Target has had lot's of flour the last couple of weeks, but nothing else in the baking aisle to use with it.

Cake mix. Also no baking powder to be found anywhere

I know this is not a major problem, but seriously? What happened to all the flour?
Ummm buy a box of cake mix lol. Hopefully you were able to find flour...man my kids and dh have no idea how good they could have it lol...It would never dawn on me to even attempt to make a cake from scratch. Kudos to you guys🙂

I've finally been able to buy flour, so I grabbed a couple (including bread flour, score!). Cake mixes are all out near me. Thankfully I found some good ones on clearance earlier in the year.

Boxed cake, brownies - I would just compromise.

Also - very, very hard to find yeast. Yes, more people home, more cooking, more baking. For meals and some things experimenting/boredom. DH always makes pizza at home and sometimes bread. Right now - having a hard time finding yeast.

Happy Birthday to him!!

My friend just called me from her shopping trip to Harris Teeter. They have bread flour (which I asked her to buy for me). No yeast. No all purpose.

I’m in Southern California and we have the same problem. No flour and no yeast to be found anywhere near me. I stumbled upon our local pizza place and found out they are selling 5 lb bags of flour for $3. They were also selling yeast and eggs! Way to help out the community! Love watching them get creative.

Seems like most of the products everyone was short on have started being readily available in our area again. I don't do much baking and I've had the same bag of flour since this thing started so I'm not sure about flour but paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, etc), dry beans, canned veggies, and meat are all starting to be available in the stores. Its taking less stops to get a full week of groceries now days. It was taking me no less than four stops a week to get everything I needed (usually done one store after another in a single afternoon though). But in all fairness, due to a few things I buy regularly that are only available at certain stores I tend to have to go to 2 stores every week.

I used a box cake mix for my son's birthday. I'll use one for a May birthday next month also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter