• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I locate on board activities for my cruise?

detroitdad

DIS Veteran
Hi all-

We are on the Apr 15th Bermuda cruise and our booking window opens on Dec 31st. What time can we go on line to do this and where do I even see what activities are being offered? I remember a while ago there used to be an option to save your favorites and then book them when the window opened up. I know where to look for Port Adventures but just wanted to see what was being offered regarding tastings, etc..

Cruise Activities.....On Board Fun,,, Right next to Port Adventures

Probably too early for anything to be listed though

Hi all-

We are on the Apr 15th Bermuda cruise and our booking window opens on Dec 31st. What time can we go on line to do this and where do I even see what activities are being offered? I remember a while ago there used to be an option to save your favorites and then book them when the window opened up. I know where to look for Port Adventures but just wanted to see what was being offered regarding tastings, etc..
You won't be able to see the on-board activities until your booking window opens AND you are paid in full. I have a March cruise, and I paid in full early to be able to see the schedule of bookable activities but AFTER my booking date actually opened. Before I paid in full, it continued to look the same - just that holding place for future details.

I think it would be nice to know what's coming and be better-armed with a plan, but apparently DCL does not agree. You could try to find someone with a higher status than you, who has already paid in full and can see the itinerary; then they could send you screen shots. But that's about it.

It used to go live right at midnight EST, but I'm not sure that's true anymore. Hopefully someone else chimes in with that info. I actually didn't have anything I could think of that I wanted to book, so I didn't rush to do it on my booking date. FWIW, I was surprised how many things were still available - mixology, etc.

Tastings, photo packages, etc. will be available to book once your booking window opens and you're paid in full.
Other fun onboard activities like bingo or trivia won't be available until you're on board the ship.

The booking window does go live at 12:00-12:01AM EST

You won't be able to see the on-board activities until your booking window opens AND you are paid in full. I have a March cruise, and I paid in full early to be able to see the schedule of bookable activities but AFTER my booking date actually opened. Before I paid in full, it continued to look the same - just that holding place for future details.

I think it would be nice to know what's coming and be better-armed with a plan, but apparently DCL does not agree. You could try to find someone with a higher status than you, who has already paid in full and can see the itinerary; then they could send you screen shots. But that's about it.

It used to go live right at midnight EST, but I'm not sure that's true anymore. Hopefully someone else chimes in with that info. I actually didn't have anything I could think of that I wanted to book, so I didn't rush to do it on my booking date. FWIW, I was surprised how many things were still available - mixology, etc.

Another option to at least get some sort of idea is to look up previous Personal Navigators for that ship and itinerary. It obviously won't be 100% the same as far as specific movie offerings, etc., but it's better than nothing.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

Hi all-

Booking windows are tricky.

1. Make sure you are paid in full at least one full day prior to booking window opening to allow time for account to show all is paid up.

2. Understand when you say Dec 31st, is that really the night of the 30th as the clocks change over to 12/31 at midnight EST or night of 12/31 as the clocks change into the new year.

3. Onboard activities with specific dates and times not available for you to see until your booking window opens. Sometimes on Facebook pages others will post things in advance if different class sailing than yours and if they can see it already. Worth asking on your cruise specific page.

4. If you don’t get why you want keep checking regularly as people add/drop all the time and things do reappear for booking.

Good luck and have fun on the cruise.

Also, if you are part of a social media group for your cruise, you can ask if the early bookers, ie concierge/platinum, can post info.

1st cruise (ever)coming up in August on the Wish, so hopefully I've got time to figure all this out. Went ahead a bit the bullet and did concierge, mainly for the early boarding and extra help with booking activities since I'm clueless. Plus Im traveling with my granddaughter, and want to splurge a bit. We are only doing the 3 day from Port Canaveral.

So, I've been reading many threads and as I understand it 130 days prior to sailing, I'm supposed to send an email with things I want to book like excursions or a cabana etc. So will those be available to choose from once I complete payment, so I can decide?

Do most people do this with concierge? Or do they log in at midnight 120 days out and book themselves? Is either a better way to go? Having done battle for ADRs and dessert parties etc, I am paranoid about letting someone else do it, but ...?

From midnight Eastern time on December 31 you'll be able to get access to the planner on Disney cruise line website or app once you paid in full and once travel agent has passed the funds through.

If you have booked through a travel agent or tour operator in the UK most of them in UK won't be able to process payments through until the balance is due with Disney because UK travel agents use client travel trust accounts under the licence of PTS or ATOL protected where the clients moneys are held on behalf of agency or Tour operator in benefit of trustees of the air travel trust.

So, I've been reading many threads and as I understand it 130 days prior to sailing, I'm supposed to send an email with things I want to book like excursions or a cabana etc. So will those be available to choose from once I complete payment, so I can decide?

Do most people do this with concierge? Or do they log in at midnight 120 days out and book themselves? Is either a better way to go? Having done battle for ADRs and dessert parties etc, I am paranoid about letting someone else do it, but ...?
As a Concierge guest, you should get an email from Shoreside Concierge with instructions on how to request activities. Your online site will not open up until the 120 day mark, but you should be able to ask questions of the Shoreside Concierge team to help you figure out your options. You should let the Concierge team make the bookings, since they can do it at the stroke of midnight and you would be at the mercy of the often-glitchy DCL website. If you are curious, you can log into your account after online booking opens and make sure the requested items are there.

You should let the Concierge team do the bookings, they’ll book it before it becomes available to Platinum guests and this is part of what you’re paying for. I was nervous myself but it went off without a hitch. You can then log in at 120 days yourself and easily make changes but sending it to them via email ensures you get what you want. Just be sure to be very very specific (list all names for each event, list preferred time slots, etc.) have fun! I’m sure if they messed it up based on what you emailed somehow they would fix it for you anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter