How do I rent a cabana?

My plan has always been to be persistent and KEEP CHECKING!!! All caps because it's important lol. On my last recent trips there were some activities I wanted to score, but neither were available when I could start reserving them. (I couldn't get princess meet & greet tickets on my cruise vacation and I couldn't get a flight of passage fastpass at wdw) I just kept checking and sure enough, about 2 weeks before sailing more princess meet and greet tickets popped up and about a week and a half to my wdw vacation,a few flight of passage fastpass were available. We also wanted fast track at epcot and ending up scoring them the day of, thanks to my persistence. Don't give up! Good luck!
Exactly!! My daughter and I planned a last minute trip to wdw the 1st week of May. I literally booked it 1 week out and I was able to get 2 dessert parties and BOG reservations 1 week out!! Can you believe that?? I was on the website constantly. We were able to rope drop FOP but got all the other fast passes that we wanted. It was probably my best trip yet. Who knew you could plan a Disney trip on 1 week??? I wouldn’t recommend it but it’s doable. So I will be persistent about the other stuff as well and if it’s meant to be, we will get one!!!

If you don't get lucky trying online, go to the Port Adventure's desk when you board and ask to be added to the waitlist. I have been lucky 3 times this way.
We are Platinum now, but have gotten one as a silver by looking everyday online too.
I have also been unlucky (mostly on The bigger ships) and unable to get one too.
I will try that! Thanks for the tip!

Nope. But I did make sure to get tickets for the princess meet and greet. I am persistent, I will keep checking. I know for sure that it’s not going to make or break my trip. Thanks for all the tips everyone!! My grandson has already been on 2 beach trips with his parents, so they are not worried about his comfort. He will be fine. I’m super excited to go on a Disney Cruise with my whole family!!

You got some good advice about using the waitlist on board. The other thing you might think about is joining your cruise group here on the DIS, or on a social media platform. Sometimes if people are planning to cancel their cabana, you could work out a time to where they cancel it and that makes it available for you to pick it up right then.

You got some good advice about using the waitlist on board. The other thing you might think about is joining your cruise group here on the DIS, or on a social media platform. Sometimes if people are planning to cancel their cabana, you could work out a time to where they cancel it and that makes it available for you to pick it up right then.
Or you might find someone looking to share a cabana in your cruise group. That’s how we got our first cabana.

Is it 60 days before sailing if paid in full that you can book a cabana?
Thanks
Paid in full and whenever your ability to book opens. Castaway Club Platinum & concierge thats at 120 days. Castaway Club Gold is 105 days. Silver is 90 (?) days, I think? New cruisers are 75 days. I think. I’m not so sure on those final 2. Been a looooong time since I was one of those. ;)

Paid in full and whenever your ability to book opens. Castaway Club Platinum & concierge thats at 120 days. Castaway Club Gold is 105 days. Silver is 90 (?) days, I think? New cruisers are 75 days. I think. I’m not so sure on those final 2. Been a looooong time since I was one of those. ;)

Yes - it's a 15 day advantage for each group. Your math is correct.

Thanks I’m silver. Last time I got one onboard waitlisted. So I really want one again now that I know what it entails. Dh and I are not beach people and the kids loved running back and forth from the water to the cabana.
I loved the cold washcloths

Or you might find someone looking to share a cabana in your cruise group. That’s how we got our first cabana.

This is great advice. We've often shared our cabana with another family we "met" in our cruise group.

Unfortunately due to the size of the OPs group, this probably isn't an option unless someone wants to share the Grand Cabana.

Cabanas are easier on the smaller ships. On the Dream and fantasy they are gone at 121 days out. Concierge gets them all.

Cabanas are easier on the smaller ships. On the Dream and fantasy they are gone at 121 days out. Concierge gets them all.
I was able to get a cabana on a Dream sailing as a Gold when our booking window opened. So it is possible to get one on the bigger ships.

They used to be easier to get on the Magic & Wonder but that changed when DCL added the 10 additional Category V staterooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter