• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do lounge seating work with kids? Space 220

StarrySkye21

Mouseketeer
Do you need reservations to eat snacks and drinks at the lounge at Space 220? Even after setting an alarm and trying to snag reservations, there were none for our Epcot day. Dd11 is obsessed with space so I would love to bring her there. Would they allow us as walk-ups to ride the stellervater and have some snacks in the lounge?

Do you need reservations to eat snacks and drinks at the lounge at Space 220? Even after setting an alarm and trying to snag reservations, there were none for our Epcot day. Dd11 is obsessed with space so I would love to bring her there. Would they allow us as walk-ups to ride the stellervater and have some snacks in the lounge?
When I went (Wed), the reservations (this is a weird week though) were only for the evening and slim pickings at that. I mentioned that, since I was alone especially, I’d be happy in the lounge and I went right up. It filled up MUCH faster than the restaurant (I think by design) but people seemed to still be having good luck when I left (all reservations gone, people still going straight to the lounge). Good luck!

Last edited:
I asked someone who did a preview and their group tried food from both areas. They were told at moment the plan is “first come first serve” so some kind of walk up wait list. Not sure if the process will be a line or virtual. Operation likely to be fluid as they work it out.

I would love to see some more info on this as well. DD is 13 and I can't stomach $55 or $79 for her meal....anyway I thought the lounge may be a good option for us. Curious how it worked...if it's a long wait wondered if they do a text back system. I saw one post on fb that said it was a 2-4hour wait at some point and you had to wait there, but that's just one report so I wasn't sure that was accurate.

I would love to see some more info on this as well. DD is 13 and I can't stomach $55 or $79 for her meal....anyway I thought the lounge may be a good option for us. Curious how it worked...if it's a long wait wondered if they do a text back system. I saw one post on fb that said it was a 2-4hour wait at some point and you had to wait there, but that's just one report so I wasn't sure that was accurate.

Im still trying to get more information, but I believe the wait for the lounge is done with a virtual queue allowing you to do other activities while you are waiting.

Im still trying to get more information, but I believe the wait for the lounge is done with a virtual queue allowing you to do other activities while you are waiting.
That would be great. I do hope it works that way. Fingers crossed!
any updates?

Went today.

Lounge seating is a waiting IN PERSON line. Guests asked if they could leave a number to be texted, is it virtual etc? NOPE. You had to stay in line if you wanted to go to the Lounge. At our arrival at 2 pm it was a solid 1.5 hour wait - outside. At least at that point the sun was not beating down on folks. I was going to hang for a bit to see how many got in.

CM came out and walked down the line asking if anyone wanted an open reservation, but you would be required to purchase the prix fixe meal. I asked does that mean we seat now or come back. If were seated now, then I would take it because I had only booked 1 TS this week and we'd been eating dinner in room so my budget was there. She said right now.

When I got "up there" I realized why the Lounge wait was so long - it WAS PACKED. I think there was one empty table. The bar was solid row of people. They were all drinking, having Lounge food and no one looked to be in a hurry. No doubt that 1.5 hour wait was legit.

Honestly I think the Lounge has some great views and no wonder people just want to chill there. The lower level dining ... if you are on outskirts and facing out, you have no view of anything but blackness. I let my DS face the view of earth. It is expensive but so is lots of Disney food. We both got the steak and it was excellent and huge portions. We brought half back to unit and heated it up for dinner (have a full kitchen). The appetizer; Caesar Salad was huge, we split it and I really liked it, something was different in a good way AND Calamari. I didn't like they left it cut too big, I like the tiny slivers because that gives you the most flavor with coating. Both the dipping sauces were very good.

SO always go to podium and see if you can get seated.

Last edited:
They do not do a text back. I would plan to wait an hour and a half and you have to remain in line.

Is it worth the wait? I’ll only wait that long if it really truly feels like you’re going up into space and I can mess with my 11 yr old”s head a little. :)

We went around 2:30 on October 25 and waited about 40 minutes for a party of 2. The party of 5 behind us was told it would be around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You have to wait in person; there is no virtual queue. They let you up and seat you just like the restaurant - no hovering around looking for seats like at some bars.

The lounge food was good. DH and I each had a glass of wine (good choices by the glass) and split the short rib sliders that came with fries. It was enough for us for lunch. Others in the bar were getting the two-course prix fixe and some had desserts. The food and service were both very good.

The restaurant was definitely not full. We experienced this at other restaurants that were difficult to get into and attribute it to labor shortages of the sort that are nationwide now. Virtually every restaurant where I live has a sign out saying they're hiring at all positions.

As for the atmosphere, I think it depends on individual expectations. To us, it was an elevator going "up" reminiscent of the old Hydrolators in the The Land from many years ago, followed by seating in a restaurant with little in the way of space theming apart from the windows, where an astronaut or space ship would float by every few minutes with a view of the earth in the distance. It didn't do a thing for us, but kids might find it to be fun. I did notice that the kids were getting some type of souvenir cup so there's that. I'm glad we experienced it so now I can spend my 60+ window trying to get Cali Grill or breakfast at Topolino's.

I thought lounge food was pretty tasty, and the server gave recommendations for drinks that weren't extra sweet. For kids, they can get trading cards with the mocktails (gonna be sweet)

If we got on the outside "lounge line " at park opening to wait, when would someone from restaurant appear?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter