How do Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer compare lately ??

I’m staying at the Polynesian. Does anyone that has used Mears or Sunshine know an average wait and bus time?

I’m traveling with a 9 month old and 2 year old. A lengthy travel time could end badly😅 We are only there for 5 nights. So I’m trying to decide if private car service is worth the extra time it will give us.

Flight is about 3 hours and it’s a 40 minute drive to our departing airport.

I’m staying at the Polynesian. Does anyone that has used Mears or Sunshine know an average wait and bus time?

I’m traveling with a 9 month old and 2 year old. A lengthy travel time could end badly😅 We are only there for 5 nights. So I’m trying to decide if private car service is worth the extra time it will give us.

So much depends on time of day and volume of guests traveling then that I think it’s difficult to apply an “average” time to your time. Given the makeup of your party and other travel parameters, I’d strongly consider the private car option, especially one that can meet you at baggage claim or directly outside to help with loading luggage. I suspect y’all will be traveling with more than just carryons!

When Mears was running Magical Express for Disney the average time was about 90 minutes to my resort from the time my plane landed. This included the time it took me to traverse the airport and wait for my luggage at bag claim. I used Mears twice last winter and the time was just about the same.

Sunshine Flyer has a 10% discount code SW10 until October 30. I noticed their booking site is much improved from earlier this year. It allowed me to pick my own return time. I appreciate that. I was torn between Mears and SF. Neither was a stand out, but if this pick up time actually works then I'm a SF fan. I can get past their staging area at the airport. Actually the Delta counter is directly above them, one floor up via the elevator.

We got home last night and used Mears Connect for the first time this trip. We had a great experience both ways. We landed last Friday around 11:00 am. We got onto the bus right away with no wait, and the bus left within 10 minutes. We were staying at WL, which was the second of four stops after the Poly. On the way back yesterday, we were scheduled for a 2:10 pick-up (5:30 flight), but ended up leaving about 20 minutes earlier because there was a bus picking someone else up and the driver said he could take us too. There was only one stop on the way to the airport at POR and we were at the airport about 2 and a half hours before our flight. I was a little nervous after reading a lot of bad reviews, but we had no issues either direction and both drivers were wonderful!

We used Sunshine Flyer this past summer and have no complaints (other than long walk to terminal). The service was great and the price even better.
For the record, i do miss Magic Express.

We just booked Sunshine Flyer for Thanksgiving. Booking seems to have gone through correctly....at least we were charged correctly but the receipt shows 14 adults and 10 children. There are only 2 of us. Sounds like they are having some issues w/transitioning to a new system (per their website). I'm going to assume all will be good.

Has anyone used either Mears or Sunshine Flyer from the new Terminal C? Do either of them service terminal C directly or do you have to drag your luggage to the main terminal?

Edited to add: I just called both Mears connect and sunshine flyer. Mears connect does pick up passengers right at terminal C. For sunshine flyer you have to go over to terminal B.

So it looks like I will probably book Mears connect so I don’t have to schlep my luggage on the tram.

I would still love to hear if anyone has experience getting on a Mears Connect bus at terminal C.

Last edited:
We just booked Sunshine Flyer for Thanksgiving. Booking seems to have gone through correctly....at least we were charged correctly but the receipt shows 14 adults and 10 children. There are only 2 of us. Sounds like they are having some issues w/transitioning to a new system (per their website). I'm going to assume all will be good.
I got that same receipt last night!! The amount was correct. Just 2 of us also

We used both on this trip. Flew in Thursday around 1230pm and used Sunshine Flyer. We checked in at the podium and were on a bus in about 10 minutes. Bus was maybe half full and left quickly. We were the first stop at AKL so it was fantastic. From there went to Coronado and All stars. Would totally use again.

Trip home today our flight left at 630 am so too early for sunshine flyer. We used mears. Supposed to be picked up at 310am and were at the stop at 3am. By 325 no bus so I called. The woman at Mears told me my reservation had been canceled even though I had gotten a reminder email and text. I never got a link to track the driver. I had a moment of panic but she stated it would be “quite awhile” before the next bus and would send us a taxi. At 335 am the bus pulls up for us! He had my name. They were just late. We made three more stops and reached the airport right at 430am. I’m not sure I’d use Mears again after this. I did get where I needed and they did offer a taxi but it kind of felt like the right hand didn’t know what the left hand was doing.

Just booked SF tonight (Thanksgiving) for travel in April. They just dropped a 22% off Black Friday sale for new reservations. So four adults and one child was about $115 RT. There’s a discount cone to put in (MAGIC22 I think) and there’s a pop up with the code when you go to the site. Deal available only until Nov 28, but good for travel after that.

Also, when I booked it had me put in my flight numbers and the departure time populated automatically. I didn’t have to pick any departure/arrival windows. Maybe a recent change?

72 hour cancellation rule too, so if DME returns suddenly in the next four months…

Has anyone used either Mears or Sunshine Flyer from the new Terminal C? Do either of them service terminal C directly or do you have to drag your luggage to the main terminal?

Edited to add: I just called both Mears connect and sunshine flyer. Mears connect does pick up passengers right at terminal C. For sunshine flyer you have to go over to terminal B.

So it looks like I will probably book Mears connect so I don’t have to schlep my luggage on the tram.

I would still love to hear if anyone has experience getting on a Mears Connect bus at terminal C.
I used Mears Connect at terminal C last week/today. It was very easy to find and check in. We did not get a bus, it was a shared van to the resort and back (which we were not crazy about) but there was very little waiting and it was a quick trip. They sent texts and emails letting us know they were coming and again when they arrived. I would use them again.

Used SF recently. We had to wait for a bus to arrive on the way to the resort. There were very few people at SF when we arrived. Once the bus came and more people had congregated we were loaded and left quickly. The route was Yacht/Beach and the All Stars. Our bus back to the airport arrived 10 minutes early. The driver got off with his list and called everyone out. He also double checked once on the bus. I believe improvements have been made on the departure side. Now, if MCO could give them a better pick up location.

I used Mears Connect at terminal C last week/today. It was very easy to find and check in. We did not get a bus, it was a shared van to the resort and back (which we were not crazy about) but there was very little waiting and it was a quick trip. They sent texts and emails letting us know they were coming and again when they arrived. I would use them again.
Came in Jet Blue Terminal C booked on Mears Connnect.

This terminal is HUGE!! I mean seriously. And what design moron didn’t put in automated walkways like Terminals A and B? It took forever to get to baggage claim… level 6. Took my luggage on the elevator down to Mears Connect desk on level 1. Checked in. Agent took me and another party back up to level 6 and got us a Mears taxi!!! I was going to the GF and they were going to WL so we shared…lovely people!

Is this their plan??? Couldn’t tell. I’m thinking not but who knows. Took forever to deplane and get luggage but the Mears Connect was very smooth and speedy. Lol I’m taking it back to MCO Terminal C when I leave… I’ll let you know how that is!!

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread about Mears and SF, but, in brief:

Arrived JetBlue at Terminal C on Dec 6. Plane arrived at gate around 9:55 p.m. and the luggage arrived at the baggage claim at 11 p.m., over an hour later.

Terminal C is gigantic. Be prepared to walk like you're at Epcot and need to get from Japan to the bus stops--it's at least that long.

Apparently baggage claim is a huge problem at Terminal C. My flight waited over an hour for the bags to show up and my Mears driver told me that she picked up people a few days earlier and their bags took THREE HOURS to show up at baggage claim.

Mears was great. I was the only passenger there, they sent a van for me, which arrived in about 10 minutes, max. Smooth ride to POFQ. I'm not taking Mears back, as I prefer rideshare for the return trip.

I posted this in another thread about Mears and SF, but, in brief:

Arrived JetBlue at Terminal C on Dec 6. Plane arrived at gate around 9:55 p.m. and the luggage arrived at the baggage claim at 11 p.m., over an hour later.

Terminal C is gigantic. Be prepared to walk like you're at Epcot and need to get from Japan to the bus stops--it's at least that long.

Apparently baggage claim is a huge problem at Terminal C. My flight waited over an hour for the bags to show up and my Mears driver told me that she picked up people a few days earlier and their bags took THREE HOURS to show up at baggage claim.

Mears was great. I was the only passenger there, they sent a van for me, which arrived in about 10 minutes, max. Smooth ride to POFQ. I'm not taking Mears back, as I prefer rideshare for the return trip.
I love your description of how big Terminal C is… so true!! And no one thought to add automated walkways like Terminals A and B?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter