How do the Tide solid tablets work?

baileybrad

and Casey, too!
We are planning to use these on our October trip. How well do they dissolve in cold water? Just curious on any firsthand experiences. Thanks in advance.

I bought some for our trip next week....and bought enough so I could try a few...worked great in all temps I found...hot, warm and cold water and the clothes came out TIDE CLEAN as normal Tide does...hope this helps some....:D :D :D

I bought PUREX detergent tablets. They were 1/2 the price of TIDE and worked well in
warm water. I do not use powder detergent at home. We use Tide or Cheer liquid.

But for our 10 days at WDW - our clothes will be washed with PUREX.

Hey - at least the clothes will be washed and NOT worn twice.

My husband said the clothes from Purex smelled clean - a bit like clorox though.

I will still hand wash some shirts and all the bathing suits.

Enjoy your vacation and the trips to the laundry.
(I figure I will visit the laundry at least twicw during our WDW vacation)

:)

We bought the Wisk tablets on our wdw trip they worked Fabulously!! they are soft enough to rub on stains and Boy do they do the job!! My Dd was given a white shirt the had a clay dirt stain on it,but she loved the fit. So, we rubbed wisk tablets on to on it[I have always lost when it came to clay dirt stains] so we were truely suprised when that white shirt came out sparkling clean,not a stain left!!

I too, love the Tide tablets-They smell great and everything comes out clean!

They are not recommended for front loading washers. I just can't remember if I saw any front loaders on our last trip to WDW. (The last hotel we stayed at did have front loading washers)

do you not just throw the tablets into the washer?
we mostly only have front loading machines here in england - and tablets are very popular here. You just toss 'em in..
but then again - laundry is weird here. not many tumble dryers to be found! gotta love air drying.
hmm..
:earsboy:

We love the Wisk Tablets.. they work great in all temps..

85 days to go... WDW or BUST !!!

I use Wisk, they are great! Did not know you can "rub out a stain" I will have to try that!:D

I, too, have had great experiences with Tide tablets. They work well in all water temrpatures - hot, warm and cold. They work just as well as regular Tide and come out just as clean!

We just got back from the All Star Music and I used the Tide tablets in their washers. They work great. It is also great not having to worry about your detergent coming open from the ziplock baggie during travel. The one big surprise I had this trip was that it cost $2.00 for each washer load and $2.00 for each dryer load. Last year it was $1.00 a load. If I had known the prices were this high to do laundry I would have planned better and brought more clothes to wear and just done all the laundry at home later.

Make sure you do a few test loads before your trip. I recently purchased wisk tabs for our October trip and tried them at home last week. Yesterday, my husband wore shorts and a t-shirt that I washed with the wisk. He had the worst contact rash I have ever seen. Raised red itchy patches everywhere. Just a warning to those who have sensitive skin as this could ruin a day of your vacation. It has not affected me at all but DH has sensitive skin/allergies.

That is a good idea, I have sensitive skin and always use ALL liquid. I was thinking about getting the Tide tablets for the trip. I will test them first here.

Are the Tide tablets available at most grocery stores?

Target has Tide and Wisk tablet on sale once in a while.

I use the tablets all the time now ... Every since I used them during our Feb. trip, I feel in love with how easy they were to use and I'm hooked ... Aside from the tablets though ... Another VERY handy thing to have on hand in your backpack or fanny pack are those Shout Wipes.

I found that these came in EXTREMELY handy a few times in the park. One that comes to mind is while we were sitting on Main Street eatting ice cream I had some of my Choc. Ice Cream drip onto a shirt that I just purchased a couple of days ago in AK. :eek: Of course it HAD to be a white shirt. I instantly reached for my Shout Wipes in my fanny pack. I was able to pretreat and lighten that stain quite a bit ;) .... Then once I got back to the room I did a load of whites and the spot came right out.:D

So definately plan on packing some of these handy little pretreat wipes on your bags when you head out to the park.

- RochTigger:wave:

What am I doing wrong? Every time I use Tide tablets they don't dissolve completely and leave residue on some of the clothes. I found this happened less if I used the perm press cycle and therefore there was an extra rinse. I use a top-loader and warm water. I finally gave up but maybe I was doing something wrong.

scromwell-

Did you try putting tabs in first, then start water, then add clothes once a few inches of water is in washer? This will give them a head start in dissolving. Also maybe you are overloading the washer a bit so the clothes and tabs can't move around freely (DH is notorious for this, he can never figure out why his clothes aren't clean). Anyway, that's how I do it without a problem. Hope this helps.

I always put it in the bottom but I think I loaded the clothes before adding water. I'll try the reverse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter