How do they measure children who can't stand?

Wendydagny

Mouseketeer
This is the first trip we will be taking where my daughter is 40", but she cannot stand up. We really were only considering taking her on Soarin', as she does have health issues. But I'm concerned about how they would measure her?

When our DD was younger, we were always asked how tall she is, but since she can't stand, she wasn't able to be measured.
They don't really have any facilities for measuring people who are not able to stand.
As Michigan said, they assume you know how tall your child is and will be truthfull about it. I think most parents of children with physical disabilities that prevent them from standing are pretty cautious.
If a parent said a child was tall enough and the child really looks much smaller, I think the CMs would call the parent on it.

Ok thanks. Yeah, we definitely are being cautious! I just didn't want to end up with a problem after having waited in line with my other kids. :)

Ok thanks. Yeah, we definitely are being cautious! I just didn't want to end up with a problem after having waited in line with my other kids. :)

Just to note that height is questioned and approved at the entrance to the ride queue, so once you've been allowed in the line she will be allowed on the ride.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just to note that height is questioned and approved at the entrance to the ride queue, so once you've been allowed in the line she will be allowed on the ride.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just to clarify - this is for guests with disabilities who can't stand.

Other children will be measured at the entrance to the ride queue and will probably be measured again at some point before boarding.

There may be other questions too though - mainly about core strength and the ability to brace oneself with the upper body and arms. I know this issue comes up more at Universal, with their crazy roller coasters, but wanted to mention it here too, as TSM and a few other rides have rough/jarring motions.

There may be other questions too though - mainly about core strength and the ability to brace oneself with the upper body and arms. I know this issue comes up more at Universal, with their crazy roller coasters, but wanted to mention it here too, as TSM and a few other rides have rough/jarring motions.
That is a good point.
I didn't bring it up because the OP said they were only considering going on Soarin'
But good to keep in mind.

Wendy,
N will LOVE Soarin, C did, though we can't get her on it anymore, she's so stiff and tight. I don't think you'll have a problem with them questioning her height.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter