How do we get into Magic Kingdom for a tour at 7:30 am.?

pomcoach

Mouseketeer
We're doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and need to be into the Magic Kingdom by 7:30 am., in order to check in for the tour at 7:45. Our tour is at 8 am.
Last time we tried to enter early for another event, we had a heck of a time. The Ferryboat wasn't running and neither was the Monorail. We finally had to walk to the Polynesian Village and wait and wait for a bus. People that were also waiting were having a heart attack thinking all of us had paid for an early event that we would never be able to get there in time. But somehow we made it. But boy, were we tired with all the walking and asking questions. Nobody seems to be able to help. They are just cleaning and don't understand what we're talking about. We are looking forward to doing the tour, but sure don't want to go through the early morning headache again.
Any ideas how to get to the Magic Kingdom easily in the early morning?
Thanks so much!:moped:

Are you staying onsite or off-site?

If you're staying onsite, just take the bus from your hotel.

If you're staying off-site, the resort monorail should start running around 7:00.

We're staying off-site. So we'll plan on riding the Monorail at 7 am. Our other event last year must have required us to enter Magic Kingdom about about 6:45 am.? There was just no way to get there. Even the place to park had no attendants. People were just arriving to work and reporting to their stations. So hopefully this time we'll be able to ride the Monorail normally.
Thanks so much for the information and help.

Local and had issues going to a ppo tour before as well monorail wasn’t going until 10am ferry hadn’t been docked yet and no busses.... just made it

We're staying off-site. So we'll plan on riding the Monorail at 7 am. Our other event last year must have required us to enter Magic Kingdom about about 6:45 am.? There was just no way to get there. Even the place to park had no attendants. People were just arriving to work and reporting to their stations. So hopefully this time we'll be able to ride the Monorail normally.
Thanks so much for the information and help.

Guests with scheduled PPO tours can park at the Contemporary Resort and make the 7 minute walk to MK.

MK-to-CRBLT%20NoDock_052715_zpskm24ursn.jpg

Last edited:
You think they'll let us through the gates into the Contemporary parking lot, even if we are staying off site? We had to park and walk all the way to the Polynesian Village last time. It wasn't that bad really. But waiting for the bus was the absolute worst. We just kept waiting and waiting.

You think they'll let us through the gates into the Contemporary parking lot, even if we are staying off site? We had to park and walk all the way to the Polynesian Village last time. It wasn't that bad really. But waiting for the bus was the absolute worst. We just kept waiting and waiting.

There are no "gates" to get through.
It's just a (far right) lane of traffic.

But, ignoring that, guests (any guests) can access the resorts.
There are early-morning breakfasts at all of 'em.

We won't have any proof that we've purchased anything, except a confirmation number. We had to call to schedule the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. She said we wouldn't be sending us an e-mail and that we'll have no papers, and it won't show up on our MDE either. All we'll have is a confirmation number that I wrote down myself. So nothing to show the guard at the Contemporary.

You're saying we should park at the Contemporary Hotel parking lot? I know the Poly always had guards who let your car in and out. You don't think the Contemporary will have a guarded gate? I just want to be able to get there in time, so we don't miss our tour. I sure do appreciate your advice. I just want to be clear. Thanks

You're saying we should park at the Contemporary Hotel parking lot? I know the Poly always had guards who let your car in and out. You don't think the Contemporary will have a guarded gate? I just want to be able to get there in time, so we don't miss our tour. I sure do appreciate your advice. I just want to be clear. Thanks
You’ll just explain to the Contemp Security CM that you have a KTTK tour.

If you arrive by 7:30, you’ll enter MK through the far left touchpoint and then you’ll be waiting at one of the tunnels until 7:45. Check-in is at Town Square Theater so wait at the right-side tunnel. There are no restrooms located in that area of the park so you’ll have to Exit the park if necessary and then re-enter.

After you arrive at Town Square Theater, you’ll still be waiting until the tour begins after 8:00 because they wait for all latecomers.

You’ll just explain to the Contemp Security CM that you have a KTTK tour.

If you arrive by 7:30, you’ll enter MK through the far left touchpoint and then you’ll be waiting at one of the tunnels until 7:45. Check-in is at Town Square Theater so wait at the right-side tunnel. There are no restrooms located in that area of the park so you’ll have to Exit the park if necessary and then re-enter.

After you arrive at Town Square Theater, you’ll still be waiting until the tour begins after 8:00 because they wait for all latecomers.
Thank you so much for your explanation!! I wrote down everything from everyone! So happy we are taking this tour! Thank you everyone!!

ha ha! We have our own rental car.

We had our own car there last month staying offsite and we still took Uber to the MK. It was the best $10 spent on the trip. We asked to be dropped off at Contemporary and walked the short walkway to MK. Super short and easy bag check right there on the walkway. Reverse in the evening after fireworks walking back to the Contemporary to get an Uber. SO much easier than driving to MK!

Very interesting idea! Thinking out of the box! Definitely interesting. We will give it some thought!
Thank you Surgie! And thank you everyone for good ideas.

Very interesting idea! Thinking out of the box! Definitely interesting. We will give it some thought!
Thank you Surgie! And thank you everyone for good ideas.

Well this idea and everything else I know came from DISboards!

Is the parking at Contemporary limited to when the tour ends?

Nope.
Those parked for early-morning MK tours (and, there are only a very few on any given day) are considered a special case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter