How do you decide which park each day?

Mom to 2 boys

Earning My Ears
We have our resort and park tickets, and it’s now time to decide which park to visit on which day so that we can start making reservations. Pre-2020 I would always use a crowd calendar, and avoid extra magic hour parks. I’ve heard that crowd calendars aren’t as accurate now, and the couple that I’ve looked at directly conflicted each other! 😆

What’s your strategy for selecting which park to visit each day of your trip?

I haven't been in a few years, but I've read that HS and Epcot are more affected by local crowds on the weekends. Other than that...are you going to the park on your arrival day? If so, look at the park closing hours to see if MK closes early. We are going on our arrival day, but we are getting there early and on a Sunday. Unfortunately, my son is going to want to go to either MK or HS on the first day because of two rides he very badly wants to go on. So we are going to MK that day. We are also making sure to do parks with a later start after being out late. For instance the day after we do Epcot extended evening hours, we are doing AK because we won't need as long there so a later start will work. I'm still getting our schedule worked out but this is how I'm starting it.

It's a bit of a crap shoot. You can look at historic crowd calendars on various sites but as you said, those might be dated. What I did was join Touring Plans and use their various resources.

We have our resort and park tickets, and it’s now time to decide which park to visit on which day so that we can start making reservations. Pre-2020 I would always use a crowd calendar, and avoid extra magic hour parks. I’ve heard that crowd calendars aren’t as accurate now, and the couple that I’ve looked at directly conflicted each other! 😆

What’s your strategy for selecting which park to visit each day of your trip?
If you are staying at deluxe or DVC, I would recommend the deluxe hours for the park that is offered.

ADRs help me decide. If i can book Via Napoli on Tue.. then we go to Epcot on Tue. etc.. etc..

We do Epcot on arrival day. MK first full day & last day. Avoid Epcot & HS on the weekend. I just fill in from there.

I try and have a logic, no HS on the weeneno. No AK after a late evening, but what really decides is where we get dining reservations. Then everything changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter