How do you do your MagicBands?

Erzengel

DIS Veteran
Do you just get the generic grey ones?

Do you pick a certain color?

Do you pay extra for character or limited edition ones?

Do you use the same band? Do you alternate? Do you use a new one for each visit?

We get new ones for each trip, just for the excitement of them arriving in their neat little box. We pick different colors, but I would never pay for extras.

I let the kids pick the colors they want, and then DH and I pick from what's left over. We get new ones each trip unless our trips are close together. I haven't bought any of the character/ limited editions because no matter how cute I think they are (and some of them really, really are), I just can't do it. That's $$ I could spend on some Dole Whips and :mickeybar

I don't get a gray one.
I do pick a colored one usually a different color each trip.
I have one limited edition one.
I don't use the same band as previous trips.
I don't alternate.
I do use a new one for each new trip.

We each have all the colours, including grey, and bring each of the colours with us so that we can choose each day whatever one we want to wear. We also get new ones each trip because they come with the reservation so why not? We also swap pucks and bands around to mix up the colour combos. DD(13) is the only one with a band that we paid for separately as she really liked one of the Dooney MB's.

I swap the pucks from different color Magic Bands to make combined colors.

My wife is really eyeing the Mary Poppins Returns one, and honestly I can see why. If we were to shell out for character ones, would they replace the solid-color in the box that gets mailed to us? It would be pretty silly to have extras we weren't going to use.

Do you just get the generic grey ones?

Do you pick a certain color?

Do you pay extra for character or limited edition ones?

Do you use the same band? Do you alternate? Do you use a new one for each visit?

I pick my color, my son picks his

No, I don't do the character or limited edition ones

I have bands from our trip in 2015, but I'd just rather use our new ones. So no, we do not alternate. And yes, new ones for each visit.

So again, AP and DVC person here. We get a set each year with our new AP. We get a set anytime we stay on-site. Needless to say, we have alot. As in enough that they actually had my wife remove some that were linked to her MDE.

We have three Styrofoam rings at home, set up in a mickey head design. We place the bands on that.

When we order our bands, we get different colors, so we basically all have at least one of each color. I have purchased a couple of bands that my kids really wanted, but personally feel that it a waste of money since we have perfectly good working ones.

We each normally bring two bands with us when we go. We each have a favorite, one with stickers, perhaps a a few bands (again I have my DVC and multi-years of AP bands). We also tend to bring one of the newer ones, just in case the batteries are going on the old ones (we do not want to miss those ride pictures).

I always pick a new pink magic band for each trip. I don't really care about the design, so I don't buy extras or decorate mine. I'm pleased with just a shiny pink band. :goodvibes If I was an AP I might consider buying a limited addition one though.

Well my daughter got me the Grumpy one for my birthday and I ordered ones based on likes and dislikes for Hanukah. For my daughter the Johnny Depp Mad Hatter and Ariel for my god-daughter.

lava3.jpeg

We always get new ones. Have never purchased one. Living in Canada they don't get sent to us so we have to pick up at the resort at checkin, but I bring one with me to show the gate guard or get into the room if we are notified it's ready early and we haven't gone to the front yet.
We also always customize the back with a specific name. We typically pick Disney character names. The names are either all from a same movie, or we pick our names based on some other theme, like the color of the bracelet. I had a yellow one during one of our last trips and I had Lumiere on the back.

We get new ones for each trip, just the basics since I can’t bring myself to spend money on special ones. Then I visit the myfantasybands website and buy decals to jazz them up a bit. DD and I like the glitter decals. Only $5 for a pair that’s used for one band. If they had Marvel decals my DH would consider, but otherwise his band stays naked lol. My purple glittery band makes me so happy!

:sunny:

My son always wants a blue one.
Wife has a Jack Skellington one I got her.

I usually take Purple (for FIGMENT). Favorite Disney character.

We're cheesy and got new ones when we transitioned from 'G and S' to 'Mom and Dad...' we used the same ones for a while but given we've had to change them up 2x now we just get a set every time and decom the old ones.

We each pick whatever color we want at the time and bring the old ones for a back up in case one gets lost or whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter