How Do You Earn Or Save Money For Disney!

is shop with coupons and whatever I save on coupons or store specials I transfer from my checking account to a separate savings account. As soon as I get home from the grocery store, I take my register tape, go on-line and transfer the funds. This gives me a real incentive to take coupons seriously and the money adds up!

For our trip this past Christmas Break, I had just started a part-time job in addition to the two other part-time jobs I hold. I was able to save about $1,500 four our trip in three months from my new job.

We also had a garage sale and earned about $300 from that.

We had to buy a new washer during that time and my Dad felt bad that we might not go on our trip so he gave us $500 to use for our tickets.:) (He is so sweet). We also got money for Christmas from relatives that we used for the trip. The kids each got about $100 for spending money.

I got a lot of tips from these boards - Got a hotel for $25.00/night for five nights. A friend gave us a Marriott Rewards Certificate which we used for our hotel on the way down. We used Expedia for our hotel in Fort Myers.

If we were able to get a trip like we did 12/25-1/1/01, anybody can do it.

I am thinking of ways to save for another trip for our 20th anniversary in 2003. It may be tough though because DH lost his job 2 days after we returned home from our last trip and we have to purchase two cars and DS will be starting college in 2003. Oh well, I can dream.

Like a previous post, I save in advance too. I find it's not like money after a while, it's just numbers in the bank acct. If I stopped to think about the amt I spend on WDW, I don't think I'd go! Last years trip was $7000 CDN and this years trip is the same! I don't mind telling folks here the amt, because we are all dealing with loving WDW and $$$$. But I would be very embarassed to tell my sister or friends who struggle financially on the money we spend on WDW trips. We are giving WDW trips a break after this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter