• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Do You Feel About Signing The Declaration Of Independence? May 2014

jesemeca

Mouseketeer
How do you feel about signing the Declaration of Independence? Or Our May 2014 Graduation Trip!

Hi everyone! I'm late as usual! Only a few months this time, though. I'm getting better! Is everyone ready for the next adventure?

This trip was to celebrate my youngest siblings graduating from High School! The trip started out as just the three of us going, but then eventually my parents decided to join in also.

We have a full cast of characters joining in on the fun this trip. I'll start with me, Jess, planner and lover of all things Disney!

My Sister, one of the twins that graduated this year!

My Brother, the other twin that graduated this year!

My Mom

and My Dad

My Bestie will make a few appearances.

My fellow Jess' make appearances, along with an Instagram friend, an old forum friend and of course some new friends I made along the way.

This trip took place on May 15th-May 27th. One of our longest trips yet. We stayed in two rooms at Pop Century. No dining plan on this trip since I had my Tables in Wonderland card from the Girls Cruise trip. It was a good thing I had TIW card, most days we had two ADR's. We like to eat, alot. LOL.

Last edited:
We like to split the drive into two days. We do the majority of the driving the first day and then just have a couple of hours the next morning.

We left a few hours after my sister was finished with her last exam. We had the van packed up and ready to go. Just had to wait for her to be dropped off at home. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch. Of course, I had to get a frosty to start off the trip right!

Yay! We made it through lunch without my mom slamming her hand in the van door!

We made our way to Mississippi, stopping at the Welcome Center.

Don't we all look so excited?

We saw this cool old car somewhere in Mississippi!

Alabama Welcome Center was next.

My missile was missing. Sad face!

Mirror shot!

We got stuck in traffic in Mobile, because of an accident. Somehow the car was facing sideways on I10. Not quite sure how that happened.

The Alabama Prison! Ya'll know I love this place. LOL.

After trading drivers, we made our way to Florida! Unfortunately, we still had to drive through all of the panhandle. That always seems to take forever! Then you turn down I75 and there's even more road to travel. It sucks!

Florida Welcome Center!

I can fly!

My turn to drive!
This is the long boring stretch of drive. My sibling slept in the back, my dad, my mom and I swapped on driving duties. My mom and I pass the time by singing along to the music.

Dinner was at PoFolks! I haven't been to one in years. Unfortunately, it was not as good as I remember.

We were all getting a little stir crazy in the car. At some point we started jamming out to Move Like Jagger and I had to tweet my friend to let her know! She is in love with Adam Levine!

You know it's getting bad when you get your mom involved in toes pictures while driving down the interstate at some unforsaken hour!

We finally made it to the hotel, checked in and made it to the room by 10:30ish. I was tired. But we were all a little hyped up right about now. Disney was so close I could taste it.

My bed for the evening. It was sooo uncomfortable.

While I was outside waiting for my turn in the shower, I met a group that was going on a Disney cruise! I wish them a Bon Voyage at breakfast the next morning. My family thought I was nuts!

My not so great breakfast.

Time to get on the road again! I believe I was driving at this point and my mom took this picture. My mom and I like to refer to the turnpike by it's full and correct name, The Ronald Reagan Turnpike!

Okahumpka! Everytime I say the name I have to say it with such flair and drama. Probably one of my favorite words.

Our first Mickey sighting!

I know I'm getting close when I see the YMCA! I remember seeing this on most trips. It always meant we were almost there.

One of my favorite sights in the World!

We made our way over to our home for the next 11 nights, Pop Century!

This place just feels like home to me. I love it here!

The new bendy bus! My brother was very excited about these and really hoped that we would get to ride one.

We made our way to check in. But first we had to visit my Bestie. I always have to visit him first. I would get in so much trouble with him if I didn't.

After checking in, we headed on over to our rooms. We were in building 10 in the 70's section. This was a new decade for us. We had only been in the 50's and 60's before.

My mom and my sister. My mom needed the wheelchair for the first time on this trip. Because of her disability, she was able to get a free one for the entire trip through the local MDA foundation. So we would be using the DAS system this trip. We have used the GAC for her on previous trips, but I had to relearn everything. It was also the first time any of us had ever used the wheelchair entrance/line for any rides.

My brother and my dad. My brother hates when I take his picture. He usually makes silly faces at me.

Waiting for me at the bus stop. I had to find out when my Bestie was meeting up with us later today!

Our first stop of the trip is always DTD!

Finally, the bus!

Can you tell I was excited?

First order of business was lunch. After seeing how long the line was at Earl's we decided to try Wolfgang Puck's. This is becoming one of my new favorites.

My dad had the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf.

My brother had the Spaghetti and Meatballs. And boy was he upset that he couldn't eat until I took a picture. LOL. Doesn't he know that I need food pictures!

My mom had the Barbecue Chicken Pizza.

My sister and I split the Pepperoni Pizza and the Macaroni and Cheese. I'm not sure which one is my favorite. I'm also not sure how I will pick between the two when I go back and have no one to split with.

After a very delicious lunch, we headed to the Christmas store.

I could have stayed in here all day taking pictures of the ornaments. They were just so pretty all lined up!

It was time to do some pin shopping! I always spend to much at Pin Traders.

It's Wheezy!!!

Had to make a stop at TrenD! Didn't buy anything, but I always have to browse.

World of Disney was our next stop. Now I definitely spent money here. Too much money!

We stopped to listen to this school band. My brother was in his high school band, so he enjoyed watching them perform.

Maleficent in Lego form!

Buzz and Woody!

My bestie had shown up around this point, so we hung out for awhile. We have a spot right outside World of Disney that we always hang out in. It's always deserted, right under a speaker and usually shaded!

Eventually we made our way out of Downtown Disney, my bestie had been at work all day and we needed to go back to Pop and settle into our rooms.

We stopped to get our first Photopass pictures of the trip. We bought Photopass Plus this trip, so I wanted to take advantage of it as much as possible.

Everyone loving each other! LOL!

My bestie and I!

Back to Pop we go! I love this Big Wheel!

I don't know if I could play Twister on the cement. That could be quite painful if you fall. And trust me, I fall alot!

Do the Hustle!

I was really looking forward to nachos for dinner. I loved them the last time I got them. Well, turns out, they changed the chips. It's no longer tortilla chips, it's housemade chips. They sucked.

After my not so good dinner, we all went back to the room to get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow we start this vacation off right. Pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter