How do YOU keep food cool in the parks?

I would use a large Yeti bottle, add some ice and the yogurt tubes or wrapped cheese. They are much better at keeping cold temp than lunch bags imo. Once empty, I would just use the bottle as a bottle.

This is the best solution, in my opinion, and I live here in Florida. The difference is, I wouldn't use Yeti, I would get each family member a Bubba Trailblazer mug with the SIMPLE LID. They are getting harder to find, especially in a variety of colors.

The 40 oz is huge, has a wide mouth, and assuming you take my advice about the simple lid, they are leak proof. I would drop each persons tortilla wrap and string cheese, tube yogurt in one of these and fill the air space with loose ice. The 32 oz is also acceptable but obviously won't hold as much.

These mugs are the only thing that I trust to keep anything cool here. We all have them and have used them for many years. They will keep ice frozen for over 24 hours in a hot car in the middle of a Florida summer. There is no cooler or backpack that can come close to these. Of course you'll want to wrap your food to be waterproof, because some of the ice will melt, but at least your food will still be cold.

Definitely the best and most useful idea posted!!! I also think some yogurt styles (tubes) can be frozen as well, which will also lengthen the Florida heat shelf life for you!
I would use a large Yeti bottle, add some ice and the yogurt tubes or wrapped cheese. They are much better at keeping cold temp than lunch bags imo. Once empty, I would just use the bottle as a bottle.

I’ve used ice in a ziplock bag inside a collapsible insulated lunch bag inside a regular backpack. Everything in the bag would be cold to begin with, too. Now, I’ve never tried to keep things cool all day, only until lunch. If I needed to keep things cold all day, I would need ice packs or frozen water bottles and I would leave it in a locker. The locker areas are a lot cooler to begin with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter