How do you keep your phone charged in the parks?

I have a 20'000 mah power pack from playing Pokemon Go. Just slip in in the side of my park bag and run the cord to my phone. Got it in a two pack at Costco for cheaper than the price of one of the fuel rods.

Are there many charging locations in the parks? Are the fuel rods still available in the parks? I've never used one of those, so I know nothing about them. How much of a charge can you get from one? Is it better to buy a portable charger from Amazon or somewhere?
I use a portable battery charger. We have two, since we have 4 phones to charge. I got them on Amazon. Both are Jackery brand. The first one I bought is about half the size of the second one. The big one lasts all day for 4 phones.

So, I bring the battery packs. But the next time I go to WDW for a long trip, I'm probably going to get the fuel rods to switch those out all the time, rather than holding multiple battery packs.

We have two Anker battery packs, one 10,000 mAh and one 20,000 that we paid $19 and $45 for respectively. My wife and I have Samsung Galaxy s8s with 3,000 mAh batteries. We are going to get the kids something so they can play games while standing in line. We are hoping that the 20,000 is enough to keep all 4 of our devices charged.

My two biggest concerns with Fuel Rods are 1: Not many places to change them out besides Disney. I live in Wisconsin, the nearest place for me to exchange a FuelRod is the Minneapolis airport and there is no where within 100 miles of Chicago.
2: Capacity. They won't say how big the battery is, but everything I've read put's it at around 1,000 mAh. Or 1/3 of my cell phone battery. So I would need to swap out twice just to fully charge my phone.

I have a Mophie case that will give my iPhone about 50-75% charge.

If I need more than that then I bring my Anger battery back (20,000 mAh) with me.

I also put my phone in airplane mode for most of the day.

I'm not sure what a fuel rod is? But if stations limited, I would want to stick with traditional back up battery. Suggestions?? Thank you!!

I'm not sure what a fuel rod is? But if stations limited, I would want to stick with traditional back up battery. Suggestions?? Thank you!!

Fuel Rod has machines in the Disney parks, some Disney hotels, some airports and other locations. You can buy a portable battery at the machine (or online). Whenever you pass a machine, you can insert your battery, which presumably has run down, and get another one which has more charge in it. You also can charge it in your room.

Sounds convenient, but there might not be a machine near you. Animal Kingdom park only has one. Yacht Club/Beach Club/Beach Club Villas have zero.

Also, it might fully charge your phone once. Other brands might fully charge your phone multiple times, or charge multiple phones at once.

Google the mAH of your phone. Look at the mah of any charger you are considering, so you know how many times the portable battery will be able to charge your phone before you have to charge the portable battery. (If phone is 3000 and portable battery is 9000 then portable battery could fully charge your run down phone 3 times.)

Popular brands include Mophie and Anker.

One thing I like to do is put my phone in Airplane mode when I'm not using it. It seriously saves my battery. When I need to use my phone then I turn it on. And I can answer any calls/messages at that time. I usually will read a book on my phone, so I'm still using the screen, it's just not searching for a signal constantly. I can last the entire day that way generally.

I have a portable charger that I really like. And at least one of us remembers to wear an Apple Watch so that helps too.

I use portable charger. In the Magic Kingdom over by the tangled bathrooms, there are log seating areas where there are multiple phone charging stations to plug in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter