How do you like your hot dog?

How do you like your hot dog?

• Total voters
I also make a smoked sausage (Hillshire Farm, not an actual brat) pan grilled, served on a type of roll with some sourkraut that is also in the skillet.
We put some Grey Poupon on there with the kraut, and it is SO delish!

I have no one but myself to blame. When my kids were little I never gave them hotdogs because I felt they weren't healthy enough for my little cherubs now they won't touch a hotdog ever!

Nathan's
Grilled
Yellow mustard
Maybe some onion and/or jalapeño if I'm feeling crazy.

Eat and repeat.

Favorite would be a chili dog with cheese. Here's a nice little novelty treat: Chili with sliced hot dog, cheese and Fritos. Serve in a small bowl.

Hard to screw up a hot dog enough that I wouldn't eat it. Favorite is probably chili, onion and yellow mustard.

Bigger issue is having to now check ingredients since some are sneaking artificial sweeteners in them. I know both Nathan's and Sabrett have started, but I'm sure there are probably others.

I just checked the pack of Sabrett's I have. Sorbitol. Doesn't faze me.

Favorite would be a chili dog with cheese. Here's a nice little novelty treat: Chili with sliced hot dog, cheese and Fritos. Serve in a small bowl.

The minute you take it out of the bun it goes from being a near perfect food - to a cheap meat product used as a substitute for "real" meat. ;)

I just checked the pack of Sabrett's I have. Sorbitol. Doesn't faze me.

Obviously, you're one of those people that don't mind artificial sweeteners, I religiously avoid them. Certainly don't need it added to my hot dogs.

That's why I switched away from Nathan's.

The minute you take it out of the bun it goes from being a near perfect food - to a cheap meat product used as a substitute for "real" meat. ;)

Oh you could certainly pile it on a bun, in fact that sounds pretty good. Some would object to the carbs of Fritos AND a bun, but we're way out of tofu territory anyway.:sunny:

Oh you could certainly pile it on a bun, in fact that sounds pretty good. Some would object to the carbs of Fritos AND a bun, but we're way out of tofu territory anyway.:sunny:

If it can fit on a bun, it's fair game.

Certainly nobody from Chicago has room to complain about a few Fritos on a hot dog. :D

gotta say small town where i work, Susie's, best dogs anywhere... get em with everything, which is meat sauce mustard and onion, 3 and a bag of chips is around 5 dollars, the whole business is about the size of my family room... open 11:00 to 2:00 mon thru sat... has a hell of a business, we call em belly bombs cause you will taste them all day till your next meal...

I couldn't vote since I like relish & yellow mustard on my dog.

But it must be grilled, it must be all beef, the mustard and relish in the bottom of the roll. Oh & only New England style buns allowed & they must be grilled to!!

I don't understand the downright anger toward ketchup on hot dogs! LOL! What makes ketchup so inferior to mustard or mayo? Is it like a regional thing?

That said, my hot dogs must be all beef. I buy Nathan's or Hebrew National, & I'm leery whenever I eat a hot dog from someplace & I don't know what kind it is.

I like them grilled or roasted in the oven. I'm not fan of boiled hot dogs, but I'll eat them.

For my toppings, sometimes, I'll use pickle relish, but I always use ketchup. LOL! Mustard's okay, but it's not my favorite. And I can't stand mayo on anything!

Sauerkraut is also okay, but we normally don't have sauerkraut as a topping. I'm not a fan of raw onions, but I would try grilled onions.

I also like chili-cheese dogs. And, if there's no chili around, I've been known to used baked beans instead.

I remember when we were kids, my mom used to melt a slice of American cheese on our hot dogs. I also remember little round slices of wieners in baked beans.

On brats, I like ketchup & chow-chow. (I think "chow-chow" might be a southern thing.)

Apparently, we're not the only ones having the hot dog debate. I was on Pinterest, and came across this:

hot dogs.jpg

Lettuce? on a hot dog? I have never seen that in real life!

I will eat them about any way you serve them except no raw onion. I like it, but it no longer likes me.

I like a Chicago dog if I'm having a hotdog.

But if I'm going to go all in like that and eat processed meat, I prefer a brat and only the kind from the meat counter...as close as I can get to Bratwurst as possible on a good hard roll with hot mustard and ice cold beer (preferably some Yeungling if I'm lucky to have had out of state visitors recently) out of the outside cooler (this is an important point because nothing gets the beer as cold as submerging it in ice or snow for a couple hours). And....I think I just planned the menu for Monday. Yup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter