How do you make oatmeal and raisin cookies?

disneyfan.uk

Earning My Ears
There is a thread on the CB at the moment asking what your favourite cookies are. Mine has to be oatmeal and raisin. I only buy them usually but was wondering how you made them as I'm surethat they would taste much better. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Thanks in advacne.

I use the "Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie" recipe on the back of the Quaker oatmeal box:

1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups Quaker Oats uncooked oatmeal
1 cup raisins (sometimes I use dried cranberries)

Heat oven to 350. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well. Stir in oats and raisins, mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes

Makes 4 dozen.

hehehehe...Harley chick, you have completely changed my attitude about well...Harley Chicks!
;) Never thought you guys would sit around making vanishing oatmeal cookies...

learn more everyday!... :D

Harley Chick -

Are these the soft chewy ones or more solid and crunchy type? I like the softer ones!

LOL Robin.
Merry, they come out different every time I make them. Sometimes they stay soft and sometimes they're like rocks. Go figure. :rolleyes:

they sound yummy!

I like my oatmeal raisin cookies soft and chewy myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter