How do you prefer to do Tusker House breakfast?

ajwilhorn

Mouseketeer
I've seen a few options I think as to how people like to do breakfast at Tusker House in regards to when they make their reservations. Curious how you have specifically done it and how well it has worked. Do you:

#1 Book very early before park open and hit safari without FP+ and then over to do Everest followed by FP+ rides

#2 Rope drop a few rides with ADR late breakfast then FP+ rides?

What rides have you hit/tried to hit in relation to your breakfast. Looking to go later this year and want to kind of gameplan for that as ADR window will be opening soon for us.

Thank you.

I’ve only done the breakfast once but we booked it late, like 10:45, rope dropped FoP and had plenty of time for other attractions before our meal.

That worked for us because FoP was top priority as we didn’t have a FP and we prefer brunch over a large early breakfast anyway. Plus we could really relax during the meal (which took awhile as the characters were pretty slow to come around) not having to worry about rushing to anything afterwards.

We love TH breakfast! I have always booked a PPO ADR to get done before 9am to hop right onto the safari, but we love the safari so much I always have a FP later for the morning/day anyway. It has worked in our favor.

I don't think there is a wrong way to do this particular reservation. Most people are still heading to FOP, and the rest of the park is virtually empty to do every other ride that first hour 1/2 at least.

We usually book an early breakfast, eat and then hit the safari without a fast pass. Then usually hang around and catch the first showing of the Lion King Show!

Not to hijack, but what would be a good time to book TH before they change the food over? I think breakfast ends roughly around 11, so if I book a 10am Tusker House, should that be enough time or do they wind down the breakfast foods at a certain point?

Not to hijack, but what would be a good time to book TH before they change the food over? I think breakfast ends roughly around 11, so if I book a 10am Tusker House, should that be enough time or do they wind down the breakfast foods at a certain point?

We did a 10:35 (I believe) ADR a couple years ago and it worked out great. The buffet was full breakfast until about 11 and then they put all the breakfast foods that were left on the "island" in the middle of the buffet area and started putting out lunch. We mostly ate breakfast foods, but did go up once the lunch stuff was out and tried a few things.

This time, I have Tusker House at 9:30
So I will probably get there in time for that (if I'm early, you never know re early rides)
Then FP+
Then walking trails and shopping and characters and Nomad
Then Circle of Flavor.
(I even have a T shirt swap planned, Daisy Duck for breakfast and Timon for Circle of Flavour - I feel I may have over planned my character meets and my AK day!)

We do rope drop, then book for 10:40 for brunch. That way you can also enjoy both breakfast and lunch options, as they turn over to lunch at 11:00.
This is what we do as well. Have a snack before we head to the parks then eat a big brunch at Tusker House. We typically don't need another big meal the rest of the day, and just eat something small for dinner. Works great for us!

Thanks for the replies. For those of you who did the late breakfast, how did you plan the time from rope drop to ADR?

We did 10:40 breakfast at TH. We (some family members) did FoP at RD, then all of us did Navi FP at 9:15 or so, then to Lion King (no FP) and to breakfast by 10:40. We did two other FP at 11:45 and 12:45 so we could try for a 4th FP early in the afternoon.

I like a 10:40 reservation so I can enjoy breakfast and lunch. Then go to the 12:00 showing of the Festival of the Lion King.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter