How do you reply in conversations?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Used to be called messages.

Someone started a conversation with me, but I cannot figure out how to reply to it.

Help!!

Hover over "Inbox" next to your username near the top right (or click on it)
the dropdown box will show the most recent conversations
open the conversation of interest, scroll to the bottom
it acts just like a thread -- type your response in the box at the bottom and click "Post Reply"

Hover over "Inbox" next to your username near the top right (or click on it)
the dropdown box will show the most recent conversations
open the conversation of interest, scroll to the bottom
it acts just like a thread -- type your response in the box at the bottom and click "Post Reply"

Ok, I will try at home. The reply box isn't showing up on my computers at work or on my iPhone. That's why I was asking. I'll report back tonight when I can check at home.

Nope. I tried on firefox, safari, and chrome at home last night on both my MacBook and my Surface. I get no box to use for a reply in a conversation. I had to just start a new conversation with the person.

Nope. I tried on firefox, safari, and chrome at home last night on both my MacBook and my Surface. I get no box to use for a reply in a conversation. I had to just start a new conversation with the person.
Could you post a screenprint of what you see when you are attempting to reply to a Conversation?

I can't because I keep getting a message that the file (a phone pic) is too large. I see the message then the bottom menu that says "Home" and "Conversations" then ads and the bottom. There is no reply box as in threads.

When you start a conversation, you have the option to allow replies or not. It could be that this was a "no reply" conversation.

One of them was specifically asking a question, so that would be surprising.

I'll start a conversation with you and make sure I don't restrict it in any way.

Ok, it worked that time.

As I replied to you, I think the wording "lock conversation" should be changed to the very straightforward "don't allow replies". I know when I see "lock conversation", even with a bit in parentheses, my interpretation is "no one else can join". And given at least one of the conversations that was started, my guess is that person interpreted it the same way.

I'm sure it makes sense that way to someone, but it seems in this case a change of wording to the plain English "do not allow replies" would work better.

This is the screen shot that Dug is talking about. I wonder if they even have the option to change the wording.
upload_2015-2-6_11-1-41.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter