How do you ship souvenirs to your home that you purchase while on vacation?

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
I had posted one post about this but people were giving more answers for shipping dirty clothes or having things shipped to Disney before they arrived. I'm strictly only speaking of SOUVENIRS that are purchased while you are vacationing. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would ship things to Disney or ship dirty clothes but if you are flying, obviously you are coming home with more things that you originally planned on packing and are restricted on what you are able to bring home. I don't want to be on a limited souvenir spending thing because of flying. We want to pick up what we like but have it shipped to our home. Thanks for any input:goodvibes

We always ship souvenirs home. Any WDW store we've purchased them in has been happy to ship them home for a price. I don't recall the cost, but it's never been too expensive, especially since, if you don't live in Florida, they don't have to charge state sales tax. So the relief on sales tax helps to offset the shipping cost. We've always received everything we've shipped. It's fun to get home and have something arrive a week or two later!

Chipping in too, as we've been talking about this this evening, strangely enough! :thumbsup2

I was there in October, and every single place I purchased souvenirs had an option of shipping to your home. I truly overdid it, and had over 30 packages waiting/trickling in when I got back home. I found the shipping reasonable (it all shipped UPS). Even my delicate glass ornaments made it to my house in pristine shape.

I had about 8 purchases shipped home during our trip the first week in Feb.

Each of the stores offers it and the resort we stayed at offered it too.

Everything was shipped in perfect condition!!!!

I love the Disney shipping, especially when your flying and luggage space is not so much :rotfl:

We bring an extra soft sided duffel bag that is the size of a carry on.

That will work but remember if YOU break it while traveling your out of luck... if Disney breaks it while mailing it to you it will be replaced.

Some of the things I had shipped were a couple of cool picture frames, a snowglobe my son bought me.... a cute figurine and some xmas ornaments... mostly breakables. I love the policy they have about replacing stuff that is broken in shipping :woohoo:

If its not breakable it might make more sense money wise to have it as carry on.

I have done this multiple times and it has worked great. One thing I would suggest is buying many things in one store. That way they can be shipped together. I think this saved me on overall shipping costs. I shipped frames, mugs and soft goods too. They even shipped a package from the Character Warehouse, which is the disney outlet at the premium outlet mall. One funny thing I do to make sure I have room in my luggage for smaller shopping trips is this: I stay at Moderate resorts and hate their one ply TP, so I pack my Quilted Northern rolls in my suitcase. When I leave to go home I usually have enough room for my individually purchased souvenirs. :rotfl:

Last March I waited until my last day and took everything I bought to the register at Pop Century's Everything Pop. They shipped everything in one box. They only thing they will ship is Disney merchandise. I was told that if you bought something say, at the Japan pavillion in Epcot that wasn't Disney's, they would not ship it. Not sure of the price, I believe it was around $30. But it was a big box with lots of stuff!

maux:donald:

is that true about them not shipping stuff from the country pavillions in epcot? or was it that the last poster took them to POP for shipping? i have often wondered about shipping home as well. i spend most of my time in the japan and china pavillions at epcot and have on more than one occassion passed on furniture because of not knowing about shipping.

I typically bring an extra bag just for the goodies we buy but last year I purchased two large collage frames and knew I could not get them home in one piece. I only paid $8 express shipping and they made it to my house before we did. I would do it again in a second (but only for the big purchases).

We ship just about everything home through Disney. We've shipped snowglobes, stuffed animals, German glassware, T-shirts. etc. Items purchaed at MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, and many resorts. On our Christmas trip, I shipped several Art of Disney purchases home...several large pictures and an 24K E-Ticket. For us this is the best way of getting things home. If Disney breaks it, they replace it with not problem. I have even had items shipped home from DLP by Disney. It's really the only way to do it.

We have also brought a softsided duffle bag, that works great. We have shiped home large boxes from the CR too. In Dec. we ended up going to the Kinkos just north of the Goodings at Crossroads. They charged a fraction of the price Disney did and also guaranteed we would get it in 3-5 days. Now this worked well because we had a car. I think in the future we will probably do Kinkos again. They had the boxes and were very helpful.:thumbsup2

we had no problem last month having the Thomas Kincade canvas print shipped to our home- it arrived a week after purchase in perfect condition. Obviously we couldn't take that on the plane!

We ship just about everything home through Disney. We've shipped snowglobes, stuffed animals, German glassware, T-shirts. etc. Items purchaed at MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, and many resorts. On our Christmas trip, I shipped several Art of Disney purchases home...several large pictures and an 24K E-Ticket. For us this is the best way of getting things home. If Disney breaks it, they replace it with not problem. I have even had items shipped home from DLP by Disney. It's really the only way to do it.

Hi! You say you have had things shipped home from DLP? I have been looking this up all morning. We are going back to DLP this year. Seeing as it is the 25th Anniversary of DLP, we are thinking we may have more that we want to purchase this time than on our last trip. When you had things shipped home, where did they ship them from? Did they ship them from the store where you purchased them, or did they ship them from your resort? Also, were you having them shipped to the US?

The easiest way is to use the Shop Disney App. When you are in the store just scan the bar code into the app. Then put the item back do not take it with you. Check out in the app, if you have a CC on file with Disney it will use that, you
don't even need to add payment information...no standing in a check out line or carrying packages around. Free shipping over $75. Your purchases will be delivered to your home...easy peasy. If you have an AP it will automatically give you the discount. It only works in Disney owned stores though. I don't know if it works in the countries in Epcot..never tried it there.

Hi! You say you have had things shipped home from DLP? I have been looking this up all morning. We are going back to DLP this year. Seeing as it is the 25th Anniversary of DLP, we are thinking we may have more that we want to purchase this time than on our last trip. When you had things shipped home, where did they ship them from? Did they ship them from the store where you purchased them, or did they ship them from your resort? Also, were you having them shipped to the US?
This is a very old thread. The person you are asking posted in 2008 so he/she may not be on the boards any more or shipping policies may have changed.

When we fly, we always ship stuff home from the stores.
If we drive, we throw an extra piece of empty luggage in the back...lol!
But really, we do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter